* AnticlimaxBoss: The Dark Savant is a deeply underwhelming final battle for the Dark Savant trilogy.
* DemonicSpiders Potentially any monster in enough numbers or if you're unlucky, but some enemies from 6, 7 or 8 really take the cake.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Although fairly well-received at home, the series was absolutely HUGE in Japan, with graphically enhanced ports developed for the various Japanese consoles. In fact, due to a quirk of the Japanese licensing, the Japanese Wizardry games have survived the American parent company's death -- ''Wizardry Gaiden: Prisoners of the Battles'' came out 6 years after Sir-tech collapsed, with more planned.
* GameBreaker: In VI and VII the ninja comes awfully close to being this. In the last game the class has so much overhead it's no longer worth it.
* GoddamnedBats - and rats, and strange viney things...
* ScrappyMechanic: In VII, resting. In order to heal your party by resting, you had to spend ''several real-time minutes'' waiting for in-game time to pass after hitting the "rest" button. And you might also be ambushed while sleeping.
* TrueNeutral: [[spoiler:Werdna becomes this in the best ending of IV. The other endings have him either become a great force for good or evil. In the grandmaster ending he realizes that the Amulet is a trick and frees himself from alignment, and is free to live his own life.]]