* BadassAdorable: Inverted with Wile E. who is neither as threatening nor as cute as real-life coyotes.
** UglyCute: Yet despite (or maybe because of) this, it's hard not to feel sympathy for the poor guy.
* DeathOfTheAuthor: While Creator/ChuckJones "Rules" of how the series was written is somewhat well known, his contemporary Creator/FrizFreleng considered his account of the series rules apocryphal, saying he made up the rules long after the original shorts were finished. Considering how often some of the "rules" were broken in the original shorts, there may be some grain of truth in that.
* FanonDiscontinuity: Rudy Larriva's eleven Road Runner shorts (and, arguably, Robert [=McKimson's=] two efforts along with the Sylvester/Speedy crossover directed by Friz Freleng) tend to be considered part of WB's DorkAge.
* FoeYayShipping: Far more common than you might think.
* IntendedAudienceReaction: Feeling sympathy for Wile E. Coyote was the point of the shorts from the start.
* IronWoobie: The Coyote.
* RootingForTheEmpire: An odd [[TheyPlottedAPerfectlyGoodWaste intentional example.]]