* [[AlternativeCharacterInterpretation Alternative Character Interpretation]]/ShippingGoggles: How some fans interpret Kanon's unwillingness to [[spoiler: finish off Ashley]].
* BrokenBase: Despite Brad Evans actually being gay, the fandom seems viciously split on ValuesDissonance lines over this SingleIssueWonk.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: A few, but absolutely none moreso than the final battle vs. [[spoiler: Lord Blazer]], which is a ThemeMusicPowerUp on an epic scale.
** The first opening [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M "You'll Never Be Alone Wherever You Go"]]is really awesome too. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zhWmDrF3Ew Original Japanese vocal version]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGEmzYDdJNo Full Japanese version]] are also worth checking.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVk0L5lpZY Knightblazer]]. [[ThemeMusicPowerUp That]] [[SecondHourSuperpower is all.]]
* CulturalTranslation: The vocals of the opening were replaced with a trumpet solo in the Western release. Luckily, it's ''gloriously'' well done.
* DemonicSpiders: Hyulkontons. 60,000 HP, at attack which inflicts multiple status ailments to your entire party, and a couple of hefty physical attacks. And guess what: They're level ''one''. Bonus points for being a possible encounter in the first dungeon! A bit of a GuideDangIt, but they're worth the most basic EXP in the game.
** Leprechauns. Not only do they ''prevent you from using your [=ARMs=]'', but they're level 44 in an area where you'd be lucky to be level 20. To add insult to injury, they have a Confusion ability that targets all party members at once. Sure hope you spent your FP on Up Hp and Confusion protection or you're in for one heck of a fight.
* DieForOurShip: Probably the reason why Marina is TheScrappy.
* FanNickname: Because she [[NoNameGiven lacks any official name]], some refer to Lilka's sister as Riruka. This was Lilka's name in the original Japanese.
* FanPreferredCouple: It's pretty much a common knowledge in Japan that Lilika deserves Ashley much more than Marina does.
* GameBreaker: Provided you complete a certain sidequest on the second disk, you can locate a hidden vending area called the Black Market. If you can find it, [[spoiler: you can buy as many Heal Berries, Big Berries, and Mini Carrots from it as you can carry.]] It's the only place in the game that allows you to do so.
** Marivel's so-called [[UselessUsefulSpell Useless Useful Spells]] are this, provided you know how they work and [[GuideDangIt where are those spells.]] [[spoiler: Sleep works on [[BonusBoss Ragu O Ragula]] and Canceller works on Angolmois.]]
** Don't forget the GameBreaker that's handed to you on a silver platter: Knightblazer. A tremendous boost to all of Ashley's stats and absurdly powerful attacks. Transforming into Knightblazer is basically the game's "I win" button.
* InternetBackdraft: We're all open about it on this page, but...don't bring up Brad's sexuality in certain corners of the Internet.
* LGBTFanbase: Brad Evans. Cocytus Ptolomea also has a potent Fan Yay factor.
* MagnificentBastard: [[spoiler:Holy jeez Irving I read your ''book!'']]
** Don't forget [[spoiler:Antenora. Her entire purpose for joining Odessa and getting Vinsfeld to fall in love with her, is to allow herself to be killed by ARMS, so that Vinsfeld would feel the pain of losing someone he loved. This was all Antenora's elaborate secret revenge against Vinsfeld for killing her family years before during the Slayheim War. And it worked flawlessly, devastating Vinsfeld. It's hard to be more of a Magnificant Bitch than that.]]
* TheScrappy: Marina's angst about being "weak" and her constant flip-flopping between wanting Ashley's attention yet not wanting to be a burden for him can make her ''intensely'' dislikeable.
* StrangledByTheRedString: Marivel and Tony are randomly paired off near the game's end.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: Some of the boss battles sound like the main theme to ''The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.''
* ThatOneBoss: Kanon, especially the latter two times you fight her, where Brad is unavailable and thus you don't really have anyone to soak up damage. Belleclaire, the halfway-point monster of Ptolomea's Diablo Pillar, is also highly capable of stopping games cold with its incredibly powerful attacks.
** The game's formidable BonusBoss roster also boasts the Demon King Angolmois, whose 7th Moon attack can full-wipe your party with just one cast (and can be double-cast if he gets the inclination). Then there's series favorite Ragu O'Ragula, who has Angolmois' power and a near-max Speed stat to boot.
* ThatOnePuzzle: The first puzzle in the final dungeon confounded players for a decent amount of time. Seems not everyone knows how the days of the weeks got their names or figured out that is what the clues are referencing.