* CrossoverShip: Pairings of Carmen and Waldo from WheresWaldo are very common among their fandoms.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Anytime the Chief lists three things and then says "Oh my!" becomes this when we learn the Wizard of Oz was Carmen's favorite series. Just think about it a little.
* EarWorm: If you can find another show featuring an epic sweeping adventure score merged with a jazzy gospel-esque choir set to a slightly altered piece by Music/WolfgangAmadeusMozart as its opening theme, bring it.
* EvilIsSexy: Well, this IS Carmen Sandiego we're talking about.
* FailureIsTheOnlyOption: Try as they might, Zack and Ivy will never be able to catch Carmen.
* FanonDiscontinuity: In most fan-fiction, the Player and anything referring to the show's universe as a PC game are largely ignored.
* GeniusBonus: Some of the things Carmen tells the Player are either elaborations or paraphrases of quotes from fairly obscure philosophers.
* GuiltyPleasure: When DVD Verdict reviewed the first season, the author wrote, "I'm guessing young kids will dig this, and older kids will find it a guilty pleasure..." This later became a blurb for the case of the complete series DVD.
** In episode 1, The Chief calls Zack "The Boy Wonder". Fast forward a couple of years, and along comes another series Creator/ScottMenville stars in; a little project called WesternAnimation/TeenTitans...
** The show also shares several traits with WesternAnimation/KimPossible.
* MagnificentBastard: Maelstrom, and Carmen herself of course.
* WhatAnIdiot: At the end of The Tigress, Ivy reveals the whole thing was a set up to make Carmen jealous and cause her to let down her guard, so they can catch her. When they do, Zack explains how he made super powered rocket boots enabling Ivy to fly. RIGHT IN FRONT OF CARMEN WHO WAS HANDCUFFED NEXT TO HIM, enabling her to take the boots and fly right out of the police van! Did he suddenly forget who he was talking to?!
** [[JustifiedTrope He's a 14-year-old boy. Hormones do horrible things to teenagers' brains.]] Cut him some slack.
** Mason Dixon's whole plan is to change history so that the Confederacy wins the Civil War and remains its own independent nation. As is pointed out in-episode, this will cause ''devastating'' changes to multiple other aspects of history that Dixon just isn't thinking ahead about.