* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The sequence with Nick dancing (albeit, drunkenly) to "I Won't Dance" by Frank Sinatra. However, the scene may also just be RuleOfCool because it is massively fun to watch him dance around with his CoolHat.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Several Music/FrankSinatra songs play during the film since Nick is a huge fan of the guy.
** As is director Nancy Meyers; Sinatra often appears in many of her films.
* HarsherInHindsight: Creator/MelGibson in a romantic comedy with Helen Hunt, a Jew. Think about it.
-->'''[[Series/LastWeekTonightWithJohnOliver John Oliver]]''': "Women! What do they want? It's a question that's plagued no less an authority than movie star [[SarcasmMode and noted humanitarian]] Mel Gibson. Not to be confused with his far less successful follow-up 'Why Are Jews?'"
* OlderThanTheyThink: A guy with socializing problems gains the ability to read minds, uses it to improve his social standing, then loses the ability, but gains true love in return. How old do you think it is? At the very least, [[http://manybooks.net/titles/hoffmannet3222332223-8.html just under]] [[Creator/ETAHoffmann two centuries]].
* SoBadItsGood: The movie's sexism is so ridiculous that some people can't help but laugh at it.
* TearJerker: Erin the File girl.
-->''(Thinking)'': "Oh, god! He almost killed me! ...Too bad he missed."
* UnfortunateImplications: As [[WebVideo/TheNostalgiaChick Lindsay Ellis]] explains [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyHa_o0Yvw in her review]], the film is not kind to women ''or'' men. When Nick first gets his powers, most of the women he encounters are shallow stereotypes whose think about stereotypical female things -- make-up, dating, dieting, sex, etc.[[note]]and the lone black woman Nick meets is a SassyBlackWoman who compares his ass to Shaft. Because black people.[[/note]] Then Nick actually gets to know a few of the women in his life and does a complete one-eighty, telling a male co-worker that men are cheaters and liars who all have penis envy. To say nothing that most of the men in the film are horny misogynists who only see women as sex objects.