* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Pretty much the entire game counts, but there are some especially awesome levels which involve Rubi shooting down a bunch of Mooks while literally jumping from car to car... or gunning down a bunch of people mid-free-fall after being blasted out of a jet.
** Let's see, you've just had your plane (not a jet) explode in midair, you're plummeting thousands of feet with assorted burning debris and goons falling with you, what is the best course of action? ... ... ... MIDAIR GUNFIGHT!!!!
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: More like a Crowning Soundtrack Of Awesome, really. This was actually what they were going for. They succeeded.
--> '''Brian [=LeBarton=] (the composer)''': I wanted music that would scare the shit out of you, make you feel like you're in the game. It had to put you on edge and freak your brain out. Face-melting, musical debauchery.
** While in an elevator once, Rubi does a kickass harmonica solo.
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: If you don't commit to Rubi just being a badass, you will ''really'' not like her as a character. [[ZeroPunctuation Yahtzee]] [[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6662-Wet elaborates on the problem here.]]
* GoddamnedBats: ''Blockers''. They have to be dispatched via manually aimed headshot, or explosive, or melee, because they'll stand there and block your offhand weapon if you autotarget them. They also hit pretty hard if they get to melee.
* LesYay: Kafka seems to have a bit of a thing for Rubi. The misson you play for her is called [[PunBasedTitle "Falling for Kafka"]].
** Well, the fact that she was feeling up Rubi might a suggest she might have a ''bit'' more than a crush on Rubi. This being Kafka who knows what she really wants to do to Rubi.
* NightmareFuel: Whenever Rubi enters Rage mode, her face is soaked with blood and she flashes the creepiest SlasherSmile.
* ThatOneLevel: Every player probably has a different arena level that they hate with a fiery passion. The Icehouse in stage 8 is particularly nasty, being your first meeting with [[GoddamnedBats blockers]], plus a Leader on the field immediately.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: A sequel was announced in 2010, but was quietly abandoned in 2011. No announcement thereof was made, but several press agencies noticed a few former employees listing the project on their CV as cancelled.