* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The anime plays the music too quietly to appreciate it, but the soundtrack CD ''really'' shows how good the music is. Even in the anime, you can still hear the awesome if you pay attention. Try listening to the music when Takatori Reiji speaks. Also, ''Piece of Heaven''.
** Every RadioDrama has its own opening and ending songs. There are some duds, but there are also some real gems, like [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQogjha6lyc The Road]].
* DamselScrappy: One of many criticisms aimed at Sally Schumars.
* DieForOurShip: Nearly any female character who has any kind of romantic connection with any of the leads comes in for hate from the fandom (in spite of the [[DoomMagnet general]] [[CartwrightCurse futility]] of shipping in Weiss). Tot, Ouka, and Sally are probably the worst cases.
* DracoInLeatherPants: Schwarz. Their fan following rivals that of the protagonists.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Schwarz again.
* FanonDiscontinuity: Many fans are content to pretend that everything after ''Kapitel'' never happened. [[BreakTheCutie Can you]] [[ThatManIsDead really]] [[LaserGuidedAmnesia blame]] [[CutShort them?]]
* HarsherInHindsight: The scene in the ''Kapitel'' finale where Weiss (and Aya most bluntly) tell Birman not to come on the mission with them because of her injuries gains a much harsher sting in light of ''Dramatic Precious,'' in which [[spoiler:she shoots herself with Aya's gun after being tortured by Ayame, because Weiss insist on rescuing her and her injuries are slowing them down]].
* ReplacementScrappy: Sena has been accused of being Omi's, based on his taking over the team's "kid" role and bearing a resemblance to Omi's Gluhen design. Chloe in ''Side B'' is more of a SuspiciouslySimilarSubstitute: he shares many qualities with Youji, but Side B fans love him for it.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodCharacter: Botan, we hardly knew ye. But any man who shows up unexpectedly in his subordinates' ''cars'' and eschews motivational speeches in favor of beating Aya up until he agrees with him is good in my book.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: The brief indications of Schoen's rivalry with Ken never really go anywhere, despite their potential.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Michel in ''Side B'' is a really girly-looking young man, and his wardrobe choices (which tend towards frilly blouses and kilts) don't help matters.