* AcceptableLifestyleTargets: [[NewAgeRetroHippie Hippies]] in the early song "Hippie Smell". Interesting in retrospect because 1) their live performances eventually started to make them somewhat popular with fans of jam bands, and 2) they also have "So Long Jerry", a completely sincere tribute to [[TheGratefulDead Jerry Garcia]].
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Can all of their music be this?
** However, Transdermal Celebration, as well as some other songs they came out with as they [[GrowingTheBeard grew the beard]], don't really count.
** Some albums, like ''The Pod'', are so full of noise and weird that when a nice, pleasant, ''normal'' song comes along, it comes across as a BLAM.
** The song "Don't Laugh (I Love You)" is, for the most part, a [[SillyLoveSongs silly love song]] with slightly [[WordSaladLyrics unconventional]] lyrics. And then there's this completely inexplicable bridge:
--> Ernest Hemingway would always be there for me
--> But now Ernest Hemingway is dead
And then it all ends in a bizarre cacophony of noise and chanted voices.
* BigNameFan: HenryRollins has [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NsexzzllI expressed a fondness for the band]] [[note]]Original Rollins Band bassist Andrew Weiss has frequently worked with Ween, which might be the connection - Weiss can be seen wearing a Ween shirt in the band picture inside Rollins Band's ''The End Of Silence''[[/note]] and Music/AphexTwin said that, despite hating rock music, he enjoys Ween, citing Pure Guava as his favorite album by them.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: So, so many.
** The ''At the Cat's Cradle'' [=DVD=] performance of "The Going Gets Tough from the Getgo" has a couple. For one, there's Gener's priceless facial expressions after flubbing the lyrics by trying to begin the verse instead of repeating the chorus, a mistake he makes several times in a row. More amusingly, though, there's Dean Ween's ad-libbed line that comes completely out of left field: "[[HoYay Stick it between my titties, Gener, and make me cum!]]"
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: A lot of it, especially when the band does [[ProgressiveRock prog.]]
** Example: "Woman and Man." Combine an EpicRiff with WordSaladLyrics and add in an ''epic'' four-minute guitar solo.
** "Ocean Man", as used at the end of ''TheSpongeBobSquarePantsMovie''.
* EpicRiff: Several.
** "Awesome Sound" [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qncKjGd1qg when played live]] is ten minutes of one epic riff.
** "It's Gonna Be a Long Night"
** "The Grobe"
* GrowingTheBeard: Whether you prefer their early "brown" albums, ''Chocolate and Cheese'' and beyond, or all of it, their early independent albums they recorded as teens are universally regarded as worse than their major label releases.
* OlderThanTheyThink: The vocals in "Push th' Little Daisies" - especially during the last verse - are sometimes described as an Eric Cartman impression despite the song being recorded years before the first episode of WesternAnimation/SouthPark aired.
* [[TrueArtIsIncomprehensible Asgf rt gf dfg ddret edrrhhj]]: Gert ewrew iu eiuhy hkj ljkl lkrls jkhfs, hl hh sdf lsdfsf sfjuouf yerty rtywert etwqerttyr qweerwr uii.
* VindicatedByHistory: ''Quebec''. It wasn't well-received on its' initial release and polarised the fanbase for its overtly prog-rock sound and more serious-than-usual subject matter, brought upon by Gener's divorce and Claude Coleman's car accident (Dean Ween would go on to describe the record as having a Jonestown vibe). Response to the album has become much more positive in recent times, with Stereogum declaring it in 2012 to be the best Ween album.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: [[InvertedTrope Inverted,]] a-lot of it ''was'' made on drugs.