* BaseBreaker: Castela. Either she's an adorably innocent little girl with an intriguing backstory, or she's the most annoying BrattyHalfPint ever to appear in fiction.
* HypeBacklash: So this is the comic everyone's been talking about, huh, let's check it ou--why is everyone talking about bras?
* NightmareFuel: Anything to do with the boiler room [[spoiler: and Shelly's demon]]. Especially [[http://wapsisquare.com/comic/see-me/ this]] [[http://wapsisquare.com/comic/she-followed-you/ sequence.]] This is exacerbated by the fact that at the end of the last page, [[OurDemonsAreDifferent Tina]]'s hand is drawn so that it follows you around the room -- no matter where you're standing, she's always pointing at the reader.
** What Jin, Bud, and Brandi endured to become the Chimera. Those poor, poor girls.
** The recently revealed [[spoiler: [[RapeAsBackstory rape backstories]] for Monica and Georgette. Monica in particular had to endure her abuse while being imprisioned in a mental institution.]]
* LesYay: [[http://wapsisquare.com/comic/puts-up-with-you/ And the pixie with the rack puts up with you how?]] [[spoiler: The speaker is essentially Shelly's subconscious. Who refers to Monica as "the pixie with the rack." Yeah.]]
** [[http://wapsisquare.com/comic/georgettes-kiss/ Georgette returning to the comic after a long absence.]] Cue the entire fanbase's heads asploding.
* SpotlightStealingSquad: As of 2013, the focus of the comic seems to be shifting more towards Katherine, Atasli, and Castela.