* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: [[spoiler: Wakko's wish is for two ha'pennies. However did he wish for that specifically or for 'enough to make everyone's dreams come true', given that the ha'pennies ultimately did that]]?
* CriticalDissonance: Despite the mixed reception from critics, a lot of fans enjoyed the movie. Though arguably, it was made more for the latter than the former.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: The Captain of the Guard, maaaan! He's the funny one, maaaan, the impossibly funny one! Who hasn't he made laugh, maaaan? Wrong! Wronng!
* HilariousInHindsight: At the end of the movie, Dot's supposed illness is revealed to be [[spoiler: no more than plastic surgery to add a beauty mark to her face - or as she calls it "a [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic cutie mark]]".]]
* MoralEventHorizon: Salazar crosses it when he fires ''a cannon'' at the Warners, just to try to keep them from reaching the Wishing Star, and [[spoiler:seemingly kills Dot]].
* WhatAnIdiot: When the Warners are told about the wishing star that landed near the town\\
'''You'd Expect:''' They would leave town right away while people are asleep and anybody notices the star has fallen, and if noticed by someone also up early for whatever reason, and asked where they were going, just say ''We're leaving Acme Falls for a while, but when we get back, things are going to be better for everyone. Trust us."\\
'''Instead:''' Not only do they leave roughly around 8 A.M., the time when most people are awake and out, but they actually tell the '''entire town''' about the wishing star and what you have to do get the wish (touch it), and naturally, they all immediately start racing to try to get to the wishing star first.
** This is actually Lampshaded:
--> '''Dot:''' Maybe we should've kept this our little secret.
** The first point is slightly justified in that the star had fallen in the middle of nowhere; the Warners might have felt there wasn't a need to hurry, since a) they weren't in a race with anyone to find it and b)there wasn't much of a chance that someone might stumble on it.