* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: See: TearJerker below.
** The fiddler in the pub, juxtaposed brilliantly with the climax of the movie, while the villagers in the pub all go quiet and focus intently on the music. When [[spoiler:Lizzy's phonebox hits the ground]] on a long high note, a string finally breaks, and the villagers cheer the fiddler.
** The soundtrack is filled with fantastic traditional Irish music, but the piece that truely fits is the rendition of "The Parting Glass" at the end of the movie.
* FridgeHorror: The climax of the movie. [[spoiler:Lizzie Quinn]] is an AssholeVictim, to be sure, but imagine the [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone guilt]] the priest is going to have to live with now.
* RetroactiveRecognition: James Nesbitt of ''Film/TheHobbit'' fame is Finn the pig farmer.
** [[Film/CharlieAndTheChocolateFactory Grampa Joe]] is Michael O'Sullivan.
* StrawmanHasAPoint: While Lizzie is an awful human being and did try to extort the town out of the money before she tried to call the lotto people [[spoiler:until she was killed,]] what the townspeople are doing is committing fraud and cheating the lotto people out of millions of dollars that is not rightfully theirs.
* TearJerker - Jackie's eulogy at the funeral (which could double as a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming). He's unable to speak about Ned because the lotto man is in the church, so instead he [[spoiler:eulogizes Michael--who is sitting in the front row and is able to hear just how much he means to Jackie]].