* BrokenBase: Repressive dictator or great leader? [[OhCrap Or Both?]]
** In a political/electoral sense. He has millions of devoted followers, and also many (both in Russia and abroad) who see him as a vicious tyrant. After the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2014, even the Russian-speaking Ukrainians became split between pro- and anti-Putin factions.
* CrazyAwesome: If the numerous badass feats he engages in are genuine.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[ShootTheDog Shooting a tiger]] to save a group of people.
** Although it wouldn't be surprising to find out that the entire incident was staged.
*** Or even made up completely out of whole cloth, the media in Russia do stuff like that.
* EvilIsCool: The Man's basically a real-life [[Manga/FullmetalAlchemist King Bradley]].
* LoveToHate: The Internet hates him for a good deal of his policies, but also loves his insane badassery.
** That may be true for the English-speaking parts of the Internet; not so much for Russian-speaking ones, where it's mostly just hate.
* MemeticBadass: The Internet in general and 4chan in particular has many a comic detailing how awesome he is. One such comic featured him decimating the entire US Army [[OneManArmy by himself]] after BarackObama declared war on Russia. He's also often characterized (in the West) as the closest thing RealLife will ever come to a genuine [[Film/JamesBond Bond villain]]. Or perhaps Bond villains are the closest thing possible to a depiction of Putin.
* MemeticMutation: 146%. Not exactly about him, but about his government. According to [[http://www.media.nakanune.ru/images/pictures/275x/image_33595 one of the newscasts]], this was the total amount of people who voted in Rostovskaya oblast in the 2011 election. The meme quickly became symbolic for all the (probably) rigged elections that happened in Russia before or since.
* MemeticSexGod: Oh, God, where to begin...
** A comedian once fondled the tits of a thousand Russian women by claiming to have shaken hands with Putin and wanting to pass on the power. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNa7tNFB7c4&feature=player_embedded Seriously]].
** A Russian duo described the ideal man as such: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gncW1zqMFgs&feature=player_embedded he must be like Putin]]. Suspicions of this being a paid stunt arose immediately.