* AcceptableTargets: All original characters are white and British. All are stereotypes, chavs, Essex girls etc.
* BaseBreaker: Billy the Fish. Some of the comic's fans love the strip because it features little in the way of crude, profane stuff, and derives its humour more from parodies of classic football strips. And other fans hate it for exactly the same reason.
* JumpTheShark: Many fans consider the departures of lead writer-artists Chris Donald and Simon Donald (in 1999 and 2003 respectively) to be when the comic completely ceased to be worthwhile. Having said that, it still sells well -- incredibly, it's still the best-selling of all the comic books which currently originate in the UK, even moreso than the long-running children's comic ''TheBeano''.
* TheScrappy: Questionnaires used to ask readers to name their least favorite strip "EXCEPT Billy The Fish."
* ShallowParody: Sometimes the case, but always played for RuleOfFunny.
* SpiritualLicensee: ''Thunderpants'' is not the Johnny Fartpants movie. But it's close.
** ImAlanPartridge is very similar to the Roger Mellie strips, although Partridge is far less vulgar than Mellie.