* AnimationAgeGhetto: Even in 2001, it wasn't kosher for a cartoon to feature nudity, binge drinking, and sex.
* CultClassic: Whilst the show was notorious for a while for being cancelled, it had a pretty vocal fanbase during the early 2000's. By 2006 it had mostly fallen into quiet obscurity.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The show has been run for over a decade on Canada's Teletoon (who [[InternationalCoproduction helped finance the show]]), despite its brief run.
* HilariousInHindsight: In "Risk," Nitz complains about Music/GoodCharlotte by asking what he would know them for. At the time, it's just a joke about Good Charlotte being a relatively unknown band, with a bit of BitingTheHandHumor because the band provided the show's theme song. A year later, they released their breakthrough hit.
** Rocko had a sex dream about Cal once. And in a scene where Nitz is messing around in a photobooth, Dan kisses him on the cheek.
** Mump is kind of clingy and protective of his relationship with Gimpy, going so far as to sabotage Gimpy's friendship with Nitz, and Gimpy does seem to care for him above the other minions, worrying about, missing and later hugging him when Mump got carpal tunnel.
** Cal once said "I love that guy." about Gimpy (episode being ''Rivalries''). Sure, he's an idiot, but he also got completely broken up when Nitz left the dorm in ''Roommates'' and replaced him with a watermelon labeled 'Nitz Guy'. And judging by the flashbacks, Nitz is always the guy Cal wants to do stuff with. Heck, he's probably so stupid, he doesn't even know his sexuality; he just does whoever jumps on him.
** Nitz and Gimpy's "Oh you..."
* MemeticMutation: "[[http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/i-am-21-so-drinking-is-yes.jpg I am 21 so drinking is yes]]." Seems legit.
** "Oh no, my Aca Joe windbreaker". Made popular by Matt of ''WebVideo/TwoBestFriendsPlay''.