See also [[Awesome/UEFAChampionsLeague UEFA CL "Moments Of Awesome" page]]. You can return to the main page [[UsefulNotes/UEFAChampionsLeague here]].
** Former Arsenal striker Eduardo who is now at Shakhtar Donetsk after a career blighted by injury. He returned to Arsenal Stadium with his new club in this seasons group stages, not only did he get a standing ovation when he came on, but he capped his return with a goal that was celebrated by the Arsenal fans as much as an Arsenal goal. True to his word before the game he did not celebrate the goal as well.
** Didier Drogba comforting Bastian Schweinsteiger after his missed penalty in the 2012 final may also count. After the 2013 UEFA Supercup final, several Bayern players comforted Romelu Lukaku, after missing the penalty against Bayern Munich.
** Just watch Bayern Munich's squad after the final whistle in the 2012-2013 Final. Arjen Robben standing with his arms out stretched and tears pouring down his face in front of Bayern Munich's supporter's section while they chant is enough to choke any football fan up.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgomX3qD-iA The official theme]].
* DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu: The 2013 Champions League semi-finals saw Bayern Munich defeating FC Barcelona 4-0. The next day, Borussia Dortmund trashed Real Madrid 4-1.
* EarnYourHappyEnding: Bayern Munich, after suffering humiliating defeats in the 2010 and 2012 finals (that of which actually took place in Munich), finally won the tournament in 2013. Bayern Munich midfielder Arjen Robben missed a possible game winning penalty in the 2012 competition, conceding the final to Chelsea. In the 2013 final, he scored the winner, and received a large amount of cheer from the Bayern supporters.
* EarWorm: "THE CHAAAAAAAMPIOOOOONS!!!!", for both the audience and the players. Cristiano Ronaldo was caught on camera [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBJgJnJcEkE singing along with the anthem]] before Real Madrid's 2015 quarter final against Atletico Madrid.
* HypeBacklash: Since 2003, there has certainly been some of this applied to Real Madrid (until they won ''la Decima'' in 2014), and Arsenal have suffered from well before that.
* MemeticMutation: Glory Stealing John Terry [[labelnote:Explanation]]After Chelsea won the 2012 final, John Terry celebrated in a full kit despite being banned for the game, thus giving the impression he had taken part in the game; coupled with Terry being the one to accept the trophy instead of the player who actually was the captain for the game, English fans have taken to photoshopping Terry (In full Chelsea kit) into images capturing famous victories he had nothing to do with.[[/labelnote]]
* [[CharacterTiers Team Tiers]]: A curious case, being real life, but reputation and money leads it to being true. Only a few teams are likely to win - the "Big Four" of England, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, Juventus and Bayern Munich. Since 1998, the only winner not from the above was Porto in 2004, and the only runners-up not from the higher-tier country leagues (Spain, England, Germany, Portugal and Italy) were AS Monaco from France in 2004.
* TooSoon: Played matches on the night of September 11, 2001. Realized the insensitivity of this and cancelled the matches on September 12, 2001. In a very tragic example, some media picked images of Galatasaray fans celebrating their victory against Juventus that day and presented them as if they had been celebrating the attacks on the U.S.
* TheWorfEffect: Barcelona were this to Bayern Munich in the 2012-13 Champions League Semifinals. Bayern Munich themselves went into this the following year by Real Madrid in the same phase of the tournament.