* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Jennifer Warnes' "Nights Are Forever" in the soundtrack.
** The ''entire score''. JerryGoldsmith, people!
* HilariousInHindsight: In the "Good Life" segment, one of the characters is [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5pQfOMkhmQ trapped in cartoon land]]. The character is played by Nancy Cartwright, a voice-actress then only a few years away from [[TheSimpsons her most notable role]]. And just to hammer it home, the second "TreehouseOfHorror" episode would spoof this story, with Bart as the all-powerful boy.
** In this same segment, the boy has the family eat hamburgers with peanut butter on them, which they evidently find unappetizing. Nowadays, peanut butter is a common hamburger topping at certain restaurants.
** When WilliamShatner was given a recurring role on ''Series/ThirdRockFromTheSun'', it was inevitable that both of them would claim they each saw a man on the wing of their plane, and no one believed them.
** Much is made of Halley's Comet's return in "Kick the Can", which would happen three years later, and was a big disappointment.
* NeverLiveItDown: See OvershadowedByControversy
* OvershadowedByControversy: The film will be forever tainted by that helicopter crash which killed Morrow and those kids.
** Steven Spielberg ''never'' forgave John Landis.
* SoOkayItsAverage: The mixture of light fantasy and horror left the film as a mixed bag for many viewers.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: The youthified elderly are ridiculously cute.
* TearJerker: The fact that an actor and two children died in production of this film.
** Not to mention the "Kick the Can" segment, which can be considered this for some older fans. Particularly Mr. Conroy's heartbroken reaction near the beginning when his son rudely brushes him off - and his begging of a young teenaged Mr. Agee to take him with him.