* AngstWhatAngst: Allison doesn't seem all that broken up about all her friends being killed. Granted, they were pretty much all [[AssholeVictim assholes]].
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The film has a bunch of well-meaning, but misguided college students killed in horrific manner, played for laughs.
* HoYay: While Dale and Tucker are apparently neither gay nor in a relationship, it is implied that they might be FriendsWithBenefits. After all, it is pointed out very clearly that their cabin is far off from civilisation, that they planned on going there alone...and that the cashier loudly reads out that they - apart from tools for fixing the cabin - purchased lube and condoms makes it seem quite clear that they had planned to amuse themselfs there in one way or another. Seeing that a lot happens that wasn't planned, they never did in the cabin what they intended to.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:Chad]] crosses it when he [[spoiler:kidnaps Allison and straps her to a ConveyorBeltODoom.]]
** Also the Memorial Day Massacre obviously enough.
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: The film, rather violently, drops one about prejudice and not letting you fears overwhelm your judgement.
** Dale is ''such'' a passive nice guy that he advises taking the safety off ''to a kid who wants to shoot him.''
** Allison has difficulty parsing the gravity of the situation around her. [[spoiler: Then again, she might just be in shock.]]
*** Or the [[RunningGag recurring]] [[TapOnTheHead head trauma]].
* TheWoobie: Dale.