* AngstWhatAngst: Allison doesn't seem all that broken up about all her friends being killed. Granted, they were pretty much all [[AssholeVictim assholes]].
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The film has a bunch of well-meaning, but misguided college students killed in horrific manner, played for laughs.
--> '''Tucker''': (Having just switched off the wood chipper after one of the kids jumped in it, with only his legs remaining) "You okay?"
* HoYay: While Dale and Tucker are apparently neither gay nor in a relationship, it is implied that they might be FriendsWithBenefits. After all, it is pointed out very clearly that their cabin is far off from civilisation, that they planned on going there alone... and that the cashier loudly reads out that they - along with tools for fixing the cabin - purchased lubricated condoms. Of course, the list does include odd items like menstrual pads, which, like condoms, have other utilities (such as serving as waterproof covers for firearms), so it's hard to pin it down definitively.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:Chad]] crosses it when he [[spoiler:kidnaps Allison and straps her to a ConveyorBeltODoom.]]
** Also the Memorial Day Massacre obviously enough.
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: The film, rather violently, drops one about prejudice and not letting your fears overwhelm your judgment, coupled with a liberal dose of how PoorCommunicationKills.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: The CGI bee that lands on impaled Mitch is pretty unconvincing.
** Dale is ''such'' a passive nice guy that he advises taking the safety off ''to a kid who wants to shoot him.''
** Allison has difficulty parsing the gravity of the situation around her. [[spoiler: Then again, she might just be in shock.]]
*** Or the [[RunningGag recurring]] [[TapOnTheHead head trauma]].
*** Or the [[OverlyLongGag recurring head trauma]].
*** [[RuleOfThree Or the recurring head trauma.]]
* TheWoobie: Dale.