* AngstWhatAngst- Mia isn't too sad that her [[spoiler:entire town, her only home, was destroyed in a blaze of fire and terror.]]
** Not to mention, her terrible living conditions before that
* AuthorTract:The writer constantly goes back to the argument of the "good guys" sometimes forced to do bad things as the entire reason why they're supposed to be disliked... even though the protagonists tend to do a lot worse and just for entirely selfish reasons.
** LawfulNeutral: Augustus follows some kind of code of chivalry, but is nonetheless fiercely loyal to the group, and follows orders without question.
** TrueNeutral- Sebastian is the BeyondGoodAndEvil flavor of this alignment, and Tom and Amber are this by default, being essentially robots with no will of their own
** ChaoticNeutral- Mia is a solid Type 1- she just wants to have fun. Dexter also seems to fit this alignment.
** LawfulEvil- From what little we see of him, Lord Attera is this
** NeutralEvil- Bayn is a Type 1, Xaneth straddles Type 1 and Type 2
** ChaoticEvil- Elia is a Type 4
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: The comedy is the only real reason to keep reading, otherwise it really is nothing more then about a team of evil-aligned characters doing horrifying and terrible actions while not caring one whit about it.
* DistaffCounterpart- Alyssa has a lot in common with Gray
* RewatchBonus- Rereading the comic from the beginning after the conclusion of Saga 6 means that Xaneth's plans [[spoiler:involving Sebastian]] take on a whole new dimension. [[spoiler:He knew that Sebastian would become a powerful force in the future, so he engineered Sebastian gaining his superstrength and ensured that Sebastian would be under his control]].
** On a less serious note, [[spoiler:it also reveals why Xaneth put together such a strange [[EvilCostumeSwitch ensemble]] for Sebastian, and why he seemed so put out when Sebastian first refused to wear it: his refusal at that point in time meant he wasn't going to become powerful until a later time]].
* ScheduleSlip- A very, very long time. Updating now since they have a new artist.
* ShoutOut: Amber is in many ways a magical version of [[Film/Terminator2JudgementDay the T-1000]]
* TearJerker -
** Olivia begging Elia [[spoiler:to protect her child as she's dragged beneath the ground by Elia's undead]].
** [[spoiler:[[http://www.truevillains.com/comic-2014-11-07-Crushed-jpg.htm Tom's death in Saga 7, and Mia's reaction to it]]]]. The whole page progressively becomes more monochrome, reactions from everyone - even Bayn and Xaneth - are shown, and there's absolutely no text. Because there's no need for any.
** And right after this is TheReveal that [[spoiler:it had such an effect on Mia's aura that she can't use her powers anymore]].