%% Bring CompleteMonster examples to this thread before adding any: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=6vic3f9h1cy5qivsenw8llok&page=1. Check the FAQ first to see what would qualify characters for the trope, and if there has been previous discussion on the work.
* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Alabama's original fate, as hinted in ''Film/ReservoirDogs'', remains canon while the events within the films ''happy ending'' was a fantasy that Alabama written in her journal as a means to give her and Clarence some form of closure.
* DirectorDisplacement: It feels like a Creator/QuentinTarantino film, but he didn't direct it. Creator/TonyScott directed his script.
* EsotericHappyEnding: [[spoiler:Clarence’s father is dead, a bunch of innocent policemen died, and Clarence and Alabama got away with a lot of stolen money.]]
* HilariousInHindsight: Aside from [[Film/BatmanReturns Max Schreck]] playing a mafia don, [[Film/BatmanForever Batman]] is Elvis and [[Film/TheDarkKnightTrilogy Commissioner Gordon]] is Drexl. There's also Coccotti talking of angels and the AntiChrist. Two years later, [[Film/TheProphecy he'd be one of those angels.]]
** Creator/SamuelLJackson's brief appearance as the drug dealer Big Don with a NiceHat, CoolShades, and a fondness for performing oral sex on women.
** Creator/GaryOldman has two scenes as Drexl Spivey, but they're both pretty memorable.
** Creator/ChristopherWalken has only one scene as Vincenzo Coccotti, but it's quite a scene.
** Creator/BradPitt steals two scenes with about three lines of dialogue as the deadbeat stoner roommate.
* SensoryAbuse: Alabama's raging scream that ensues at the end of the bathroom fight, complete with beating [[spoiler: Virgil's]] body with a shotgun.
* SignatureScene: Creator/DennisHopper vs Creator/ChristopherWalken and their "Sicilians are niggers" [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM scene]].
* TearJerker: Alabama, the nicest character and a complete sweetheart [[spoiler: receiving an absolutely ''brutal'' beat down given by Virgil]] is arguably the hardest scene to watch in the whole movie.