* AdaptationDisplacement: Did you know? There are three books!
* EarWorm: ''Yume de kiss kiss kiss! Kiss-kiss-kiss!''
* EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory: By one theory, the three Irabus represent Id, Ego, and Superego.
* FridgeBrilliance: The anime has Irabu treating ''eleven people concurrently'' the week leading up to Christmas 2009 (no feat for a real psychiatrist, but Irabu treats them ''24/7''). No wonder he needs to be a SpiritAdvisor! (Well, [[MindScrew that's probably as close as you're gonna get to an actual example of Fridge Brilliance in this anime]]...)
* NightmareFuel: In episode eleven: the depictions of Yuta's instense obsession with texting and [[spoiler: Tsuda's increasing madness.]]
** Irabu's bear head can be pretty creepy sometimes. See picture at title.
* SequelDisplacement: ''Trapeze'', the second book, is considered Okuda's masterpiece, and it's the short story "Trapeze" that has been getting the most attention in terms of adaptation.