* AdaptationDisplacement: See AdaptationExpansion.
* AwesomeMusic: Music/JerryGoldsmith, natch. Two examples: "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuwuBejQuQ Swallow It/The Big Jump]]".
* BestKnownForTheFanService: The one thing that ''everybody'' remembers about this movie is the prostitute with three boobs.
%% Bring CompleteMonster examples to this thread before adding any: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=6vic3f9h1cy5qivsenw8llok&page=1. Check the FAQ first to see what would qualify characters for the trope, and if there has been previous discussion on the work.
* EvilIsSexy: Lori, played by the ever-so-lovely Sharon Stone.
* HilariousInHindsight: A man is offered a [[RedPillBluePill red pill]] because it'll help him enter the real world. [[Film/TheMatrix That sounds familiar]]...
** An advertisement for Fuji Film is seen in the background of one scene. The film's creators couldn't have predicted that analog photography would be all but killed off by digital photography long before 2084 (the year in which the movie is set).
** YOU BLUU MAI CUVAH!!!
** GET YOAH AHSS TO MAHS!
** GEEVE DEESE PEEPLE AYAH!
** DIE [[spoiler:BENNY]]!!!
** SCCCREEEEEEWWWWWW YYYOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!
** Start the reactor, Quaid...
** See you at the party, Richter!
** Hey man, I got five kids to feed!
** Get ready for a surprise!
** TWO WEEKS!
** The characters' decompression faces, [[spoiler:Quaid and Cohaagen's in particular]].
** Dr. Edgemar (the bald guy who offers Doug the red pill).
** Priscilla Allen's performance as the "Two Weeks" woman.
** The unforgettable three-breasted hooker.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Dean Norris plays Tony, the alien who helps Quaid and Melina escape.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: When Richter falls off the elevator after getting his arms severed, if you look carefully, you can see that the stuntman just stuffed his arms underneath his shirt.
** When Quaid fights Harry's goons off and knocks them against the concrete wall behind him, the wall visibly shakes.
** As seen on the original VHS releases of ''Film/JohnnyHandsome'', ''Film/TheFabulousBakerBoys'', and ''Film/MusicBox'', during the teaser trailer, when shown in 4:3, the digital Arnold head starts to become uncontrollably shaky as it's about to pass the top edge of the 4:3 area, and the shape looks completely unrecognizable as it disappears over the top edge.
* TheProblemWithLicensedGames: [[http://www.joueurdugrenier.fr/total-recall-et-predator-nes-2/ The NES game.]] With the most epic [[OverlyNarrowSuperlative fight against a hat-launching hobo]] you'll ever see in a video game.
** [[JustifiedTrope Justified]], since the Johnny Cab robot is a Howdy Doody parody with a deliberately phony, chipper personality, modeled and voiced by Robert Picardo.
** The scenes when Quaid takes the tracker out of his nose and when he takes off his fat lady mask. In both scenes, it's pretty easy to tell that Quaid's face is being rendered in stop-motion.