* LargeHam: Sandy's speech when she is told about "the other woman".
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: There are many scenes in this movie which are rewind-worthy. Favorites include when Dorothy tells Ron off during her audition after he calls her too gentle, when she tells Ron that she would like to be called by her name, not "honey" or "tootsie," and, of course, TheReveal.
* OneSceneWonder: Well, technically a ''Two''-Scene Wonder; Creator/GeenaDavis (in her film debut) as the sexy, underwear-clad costar sharing Dorothy's dressing room.
* RetroactiveRecognition: A pre-''[[Series/TheGoldenGirls Golden Girls]]'' Estelle Getty has a bit part as one of the couples seen dancing late in the film, and is pretty recognizable.
* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: In-universe, this is very much Jeff's philosophy towards his playwriting.
-->'''Jeff''': I don't like it when people come up to me after my plays and say, "I really dug your message, man." Or, "I really dug your play, man, I cried." You know. I like it when people come up to me the next day, or a week later, and they say, "I saw your play. What happened?"