* CriticalResearchFailure: This movie pretty much states that all tomboys are transgender and ButchLesbian. Where a Tomboy just enjoys doing activities or dressing in cloths that are more gendered to a guy but know full well they are a girl.
** The movie does not ''state'' anything of the sort. It simply presents a series of events; motivation, sexual orientation, and gender identity are all in the mind of the viewer.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: The dance scene.
* TruthInTelevision: Many of the behaviors in the movie are rather accurate, right down to [[spoiler:kids trying to "find out" a persons sex by taking off their pants]].
* UnfortunateImplications: If you see Laure as not being cisgendered the film becomes riddled with this.
** It pretty much states that Tomboy=ButchLesbian, which is why many tomboys in real life are usually forced by their parents to act more girly because they fear they will be like that.
* TheWoobie: Laure, at the end.