* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: For all of the parents on this show, who care more about looks and winning than their own children. This can also apply to some of the more bratty children.
* BileFascination: There are few other reasons to watch something so emotionally draining.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson. She got her own ''show'' for crying out loud!
* MemeticMutation: Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, particularly after the "go-go juice" incident went viral.
--> "A dolla makes me holla, Honey Boo Boo child!"
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Danielle, the epitome of what's wrong with these pageants and a bit of a darling of the producers because her huge tantrums bring huge ratings, made a great point when a one-year-old won the grand prize. ''Yes, a baby that was just carried on and off stage beat everyone else.'' What did Mackenzie say? "It's just a baby. She didn't even do nothin'." Many viewers agreed.
** A very flamboyant judge said that he hates it when the wigs look too obviously fake (usually due to being too big or unbalanced), like someone just "stuck a poodle to the back of their kid's head!"
* UncannyValley: It's underaged girls wearing skimpy clothes, lots of makeup, weird hair styles, and '''spray-on tans.''' ''What did you expect?''
** The spray tans turn into NightmareFuel if they're being applied to a baby or toddler. There's just so much crying and screaming...
* UnfortunateImplications: Some of the outfits are more... suggestive than is appropriate for girls of that age.
** One of the episodes featured half-siblings - Braxton and Alaska. Their mother said that she considered Braxton to be more beautiful than Alaska, because he was a biracial child, and Alaska was Caucasian. The phrasing and manner of her words seemed oddly fetishistic, as though all mattered in race was beauty.