** Glitch is DG and Azkadelia's father. They both resemble him and the Queen was much closer to him than they ever show her being with Ahamo. There is a big portrait of him standing at her side, but none of her with Ahamo. Or that Ahamo is DG's father, but Ambrose is Azkedellia's.
** Due to a remnant of the original story, DG and Cain's relationship is subject to this. It was originally an outright romance but anything too romantic was downplayed in the miniseries. So some view DG as a potential SecondLove for Cain once he gets over Adora's death. Others view her as a surrogate daughter for him.
* TheChessmaster: The Queen herself comes up with the scheme to save DG and allow her time to grow up and eventually be able to face Azkadelia and get the emerald back and free Azkadelia.
** The failed pilot episode Series/LostInOz used some of the same ideas, particularly [[spoiler: the villain being possessed by the original Wicked Witch]].
** The real world house for DG is later used in ''Series/OnceUponATime'' as the Storybrooke home for the Wicked Witch of the West.
** The relationship between DG and Cain started out romantic and then became an IntergenerationalFriendship. When ''Film/SnowWhiteAndTheHuntsman'' came along, it was the opposite. The Huntsman was scripted to be a father figure to Snow White, before getting PromotedToLoveInterest.
* HoYay: Look, it's got Alan Cumming in it. And Glitch and Cain talk about dancing and Glitch tells Cain he makes him feel like girls at balls used to, and Cain makes him remember who he is by calling him "Sweetheart."
* MagnificentBitch: Azkadelia. She overthrows her mother, tricks DG into leading her to the Emerald, defeats the Tin Men and almost succeeds in her plan to trap the OZ in eternal darkness. The only reason she doesn't is because she does a HeelFaceTurn, not because the heroes defeat her.
** It runs in the family; while the queen is a more benevolent version of this trope, she counts with her plan to "banish" Ahamo, hide DG and implant memories and codewords to make her come back at the right time, as well as hiding the Emerald.
** "My life is a lie!" Oh, DG...
** Everyone calls her DG. Everyone, all the time. Even her mother, in extreme times of crisis, only refers to her by initials. Because the incredibly obvious not-so-clever reference her name is would be ruined if they actually gave her a name. So in one of the film's climactic scenes the queen can only say "Deeeeegeeeee!"
* NarmCharm: "You guys are out of your tiny minds" is silly but still also quite funny.
* NightmareFuel: [[spoiler: Glitch's flashback of his lobotomy]].
** [[spoiler: The ''first'' Wicked Witch]]. "You can let go, little girl..." *shudders*
* RewatchBonus: [[spoiler:Knowing Azkadelia is possessed makes her conversations with the Queen and the Mystic Man take a new meaning.]]
** Or SurprisinglyImprovedSequel, depending on which Oz fan you ask.
* TheWoobie: Take your pick:
** Glitch, for having half his brain removed.
** Cain, for being in an AndIMustScream prison.
** [[spoiler:Azkadelia, who was possessed by an evil witch, and was then helpless to do anything as the witch then took over and killed everyone.]]