* AssPull: The end of the Mingmei storyline.
* LesYay: [[http://specials.thewotch.com/?date=2010-03-02 Just a tad.]]
* MarySue: Critics of the comic accuse Anne of being this. Citations include being the AuthorAvatar, the [[InvincibleHero most powerful character]] in the cast, and being able to overcome powerful enemies and obstacles with minimal effort. Also, the consequences of her actions, no matter how dire, are usually brushed off, forgotten (thanks in part to Tandy Gardens having the attention span of [[WeirdnessCensor a bag of peanuts]]), or seen as a ''benefit'' rather than a detriment.
* MoralEventHorizon: What [[spoiler:Miranda]] did to [[spoiler:Ivan]]. Possibly averted, as she's shown some genuine conflict with her decision. In particular, the fact that she not only included [[spoiler:Ivan]] but also two innocent bystanders as part of the "punishment" more or less ruins any chance she had at sympathy. It doesn't help that she tries to hold ''Ivan'' [[NeverMyFault accountable for their predicament]], given that she never gave a straight hint that her curse would afflict potential bystanders.
* UnfortunateImplications: A common criticism the comic receives: It appears everyone is better off being a girl. Which is eventually averted with [[spoiler: Ivan and his friends]]. Not only is [[spoiler: Ivan himself]] miserable, the punishment he has received seems to be further motivating him to continue his investigation. [[spoiler: His friends are taking it slightly better, as while they have shunned Ivan, they're at least happy that they're not working through this change alone]].