* BadassDecay: [[spoiler: Voldywraith. JustifiedTrope in that Sauron had to force his will on him to make him as biddable as the other Wraiths.]] He goes down fairly easily, but not before he [[spoiler: kills Harry]].
* CrazyAwesome: When faced with an oncoming army of Wargs, what do you do? If you're Harry Potter, [[spoiler: Use a sonorus spell and shriek. Very loudly]]. It works remarkably well, and leads to a CrowningMomentOfFunny.
-->[[spoiler: Boromir]]: A POX ON ALL BLOODY DERANGED WIZARDS!
** With the help of Arthur Weasley, Maglor designed a magical lawnmower. That has an attack function. HilarityEnsues.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Sure, it's hilarious when Glorfindel outdrinks Legolas and [[spoiler: Sirius vanishes his hair]]. The aneurysm comes in later when Legolas [[spoiler: breaks down and reveals that he does his hair the same way everyday because his long dead mother used to do it for him, and it's a way for him to remember]].
* GameBreaker: [[spoiler: Harry with the Sword of Gryffindor]].
** WordOfGod points this out and notes that he has to be incapacitated partway through every battle to stop him [[CurbstompBattle Curbstomping]] anything that comes his way.
* GeniusBonus: the many references to the First Age and ''Literature/TheSilmarillion''.
* HolyShitQuotient: a high one is maintained, particularly in later chapters.
* MagnificentBastard: Draco Malfoy.
--> Potter, when people expect to see a pretty face, that is all they see.
** Also Merlin.
* MoralEventHorizon: Harry arguably crosses it on a couple of occasions, usually followed by a MyGodWhatHaveIDone moment.