* GeniusBonus: At one point Robby tells Linda "Take off my VanHalen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up". The film is set in 1985, the year that singer David Lee Roth left Van Halen.
** Also at when the wedding photographer rattles off several celebrity couples; younger viewers may not realize all of them ended in divorce after the time the movie was set in.
-->"Well, you know, you can just look at a couple and, uh, you can tell right away that they're gonna stay together forever.Like, uh, [[Creator/DonaldTrump Donald]] and Ivana; and [[Creator/WoodyAllen Woody]] and Mia; and Burt and Loni.."
* HilariousInHindsight: Alexis Arquette as a [[WholesomeCrossdresser Boy George]] impersonator.
* OneSceneWonder: Jon Lovitz as another wedding singer, who revels in his new business after Robbie quits.
-->"He's losing his mind ... ''and I'm reaping all the benefits.''" ''[Creepy grin]''
** And Music/BillyIdol as, well... [[AsHimself Billy Idol]].
--->'''Billy Idol:''' Ah, Glenn doesn't deserve her. All he cares about are possessions. Fancy cars, CD players. Even women are possessions to him.
--->'''Robbie:''' See? Billy Idol gets it. I don't know why she doesn't get it.
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Subverted with Linda. While she ''did'' have some admittedly valid reasons for not marrying Robbie (he had very little money, his singing career never really took off, she wanted to have children - which would've been hugely impractical given Robbie's financial situation, etc.), any understanding we might have had for her position is shattered when Julia acknowledges the exact problems Linda cited ''but willingly helps Robbie to overcome them.'' (And, once again, as Robbie points out, Linda could have brought her concerns up the day ''before'' the wedding, rather than ''at the altar.'' ) As Robbie spends more time with Julia, he becomes rightly convinced that Linda was basically a GoldDigger, culminating in him [[spoiler: callously kicking her out of his sister's house after she tries to get back together with him.]]
* TearJerker: Robbie goes to tell Julia how he feels but sees her talking to herself in the mirror and assumes she's happy to be with Glenn. He leaves, heartbroken.
** Robbie's voice starting to crack upon seeing so many happy couples of various ages at the first wedding he works at after the break up.
* TheWoobie: Robbie during the "Love Stinks" scene. Julia also qualifies, as she is with someone who blatantly doesn't appreciate her.