* GeniusBonus: At one point Robby tells Linda "Take off my VanHalen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up". The film is set in 1985, the year that singer David Lee Roth left Van Halen.
* HilariousInHindsight: Alexis Arquette as a [[WholesomeCrossdresser Boy George]] impersonator.
* OneSceneWonder: Jon Lovitz as another wedding singer, who revels in his new business after Robbie quits.
-->"He's losing his mind ... ''and I'm reaping all the benefits.''" ''[Creepy grin]''
** And Music/BillyIdol as, well... [[AsHimself Billy Idol]].
--->'''Billy Idol:''' Ah, Glenn doesn't deserve her. All he cares about are possessions. Fancy cars, CD players. Even women are possessions to him.
--->'''Robbie:''' See? Billy Idol gets it. I don't know why she doesn't get it.
* TearJerker: Robbie goes to tell Julia how he feels but sees her talking to herself in the mirror and assumes she's happy to be with Glenn. He leaves, heartbroken.
* TheWoobie: Robbie during the "Love Stinks" scene. Julia also qualifies, as she is with someone who blatantly doesn't appreciate her.