* FridgeBrilliance: Caspian's ship is named "Dawn Treader". And the crew's journey is to ultimately find the Utter East that both their king and Reepicheep long to see... thus, when they finally arrive at the Utter East, the "Treader" quite literally treads the very Dawn of a new day.
** Goldwater Island, full stop. [[spoiler: [[IDontLikeTheSoundOfThatPlace Deathwater Island]] [[AndIMustScream is right]]]].
** Plus the [[SuperFunHappyThingOfDoom Island Where Dreams Come True]]. Not daydreams. ''[[OhCrap Dreams]]''. As in ''[[NightmareSequence nightmares]]''.
** While Coriakin himself turns out to be a [[CoolOldGuy Cool Old Guy]], Lucy's walk up to the magician's study can get pretty unnerving--walking up a flight of stairs and down a hallway in complete silence, with strange carvings and paintings on the walls, doors that won't shut, and a minor [[JumpScare Jump Scare]] in the form of the bearded mirror.
* ValuesDissonance: Many people today may not find too much wrong with Eustace's family, as was described in the beginning -- though others may argue that the issue was with "faddism" as the likely motivation behind their lifestyle, rather than with their lifestyle per se.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: The last couple chapters are rather ... surreal.
** Perhaps because they're moving closer and closer to Aslan's country, Narnia's equivalent of Heaven.
** Or, to use a non-Christian parallel, they're on a vision quest.
* ClicheStorm: The mist and sword plot created for the movie.
* FridgeHorror: Lord Rhoop, the one found on the rock in the middle of Dark Island, has likely been constantly fighting his worst nightmares with no food and no rest for years.
* HoYay: Apparently, Caspian and Edmund, for some people.
** It's not that far-fetched, considering that Caspian spends much of the movie offering Edmund ancient swords he'd been given in recognition of his own kingship. Then there is the very intimate scene of them getting dressed and the touching centre-stage hug at the end.
** The mileage in this one varies a lot. Frankly, to some people they just became like brothers and the touching one-hug at the end just accentuates their brotherly connection. After all, Caspian does tell them they are like his ''family'' to him.
*** Considering the movie didn't shy away from incestual subtext (see below), [[GettingCrapPastTheRadar could be both]].
* NightmareFuel: The sea serpent [[spoiler: especially when it splits open!]]
** And Dark Island.
** The Green Mist.
* SpecialEffectFailure: The first appearance of the green mist.
* TearJerker: Reepicheep's farewell and subsequent [[spoiler:departure into Aslan's country.]]
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: What was one a visionary journey, a quest for Paradise, is now... fairly standard stuff about overcoming evil with swords.
* UnfortunateImplications: Despite the green mist appearing to Edmund as the White Witch and tempting him with power, saying "I can make you a man", and "you can be my king", but he keeps threatening her away with his sword. The dark island manifests Edmund's greatest fear; a large phallic monster. Combine that with his jealousy towards Caspian and, well...
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: You don't have to like the adaptation to admit that it's pretty.