* CanonSue: For some fans Amber became one after her return in Season 3.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Ebony.
* FanPreferredCouple: Both Jay/Ebony and Jay/Trudy were more popular than the designated endgame couple Jay/Amber. Most of the Fandom seems to actually quite dislike that pairing for various reasons.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The series was popular in quite a lot of European countries.
** In Sweden the show was broadcast in the afternoon "after school" slots, and became a big hit. Some kids even took to wearing show-inspired facepaint.
** Finland. It likely helped that the series started as a part of a popular TV -show called ''Summeri'', aimed as a morning show for schoolchildren on their summer vacation.
** It was very successful in Germany too.
** It was also popular in Britain (after all, they helped fund it, so it had better be), where it aired as part of Channel 5's Sunday morning "Milkshake" programmes for kids/teens/young adults.
* HeartwarmingMoments: Ryan giving Ebony his $10,000 savings (all his money in the world) in order to save Dell from slavery in S1e28, especially considering that she laughed and burnt it in his face. For someone who hadn't really interacted with Dell beforehand it really seems like a crowning moment of friendship on his behalf. Infact, the riot that breaks out at the 'festival' (this troper can't remember what it was specifically called) breaks into the tearjerker category considering, after all they had been through over the past 28 episodes, The Mallrats are willing to fight to the end for each other, in order to make sure that they're all safe.
* JerkSue: Amber sometimes.
* LesYay: May seems to spend a fair bit of time and effort taking care of Salene after she joins the Mallrats, even while she's playing TheMole against the rest of the group...[[spoiler:okay, if we ignore the fact that she sought to have her taken out of the picture so that she could be with Pride, she did]].
* MagnificentBastard: Ebony.
* NeverSayDie: of course there are several very strong aversions to this trope, with numerous on-screen deaths and even funerals for even the main characters. But there were also plenty of characters, during the rise of the Chosen and later the Technos, who mysteriously "disappeared"- and it seems pretty obvious that quite a few died (especially Danni).
* NoCommunitiesWereHarmed: despite the fact that the producers ''tried'' to pull out all the stops to do the whole CanadaDoesNotExist thing, the obvious New Zealand accents, the vague similarity of the City to real-life Wellington, and the fact that every time they go outside the City, there's invariably an establishing shot of wildlife which... well, clearly isn't British, kind of lets it down somewhat. Also, the tribe which kidnaps Dal and Trudy and attempts to sell them into slavery, has a tent which clearly identifies it as belonging to some community group from Upper Hutt, a satellite city of Wellington.
* TheScrappy: Luke in many parts of fandom for [[spoiler:breaking up the Jack/Ellie ship]], suffering incredible bastardisation even though all canon evidence points towards him being a genuinely nice, remorseful guy.
* StrangledByTheRedString: Happened a few times due to the show's tendency of not making it clear exactly how much time has passed between certain episodes. Lex and Siva are an example, as are Ved and Cloe.
* VillainSue: Ebony.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: Some themes over the course of the series clearly went beyond the usual parameters of a pre-teen show, like alcoholism, prostitution, rape, starvation, bulimia, or the clash between different political systems like democracy, dictatorships and anarchy. It took almost a season for parents to complain about the series not being suitable when it started running on ABC3 in Australia, apparently living in a world without adult along with underage sex and teenage pregnancy didn't tip them off. For those wondering the scene that did was [[spoiler: [[RapeAsDrama Top Hat attempting to rape Zandra]] which is the second instance of attempted rape for the record (the first being Lex attempting to rape Zandra; he later MARRIED her.]]