* AwesomeMusic: Whatever else about the film, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXlOHKVFWi0&list=RD1odL9XoN7qQ&index=5 Paul Haslinger's score]] is a thing of beauty.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paut4zNx-3c The Musketeers fighting]] forty soldiers is easily the high point of the movie. The elements are terrific (Porthos using anything at hand, Athos slamming through ten guys without breaking stride) and the fantastic musical score just makes it all the better.
* EvilIsSexy: Milady de Winter.
* GeniusBonus: Or rather Reader Bonus. Luke Evans (Aramis) bears a resemblance to Orlando Bloom (the Duke of Buckingham). In the book, when D'Artagnan first sees the Duke he notes his resemblance to Aramis.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The movie was a flop in the US but has been quite successful overseas (even managing to be of the year's biggest films in Germany and Japan).
* PlayingAgainstType: Creator/OrlandoBloom (best known for playing purely heroic characters) plays the evil Count Buckingham. A bit of a ZigZaggingTrope with Creator/MillaJovovich as she's still playing an ActionGirl role, but this time she's playing a DarkActionGirl.
* SoOkayItsAverage: The splendid visuals and some solid performances and action scenes are undercut by the rest of the film.
* TaintedByThePreview: People were sceptical if this film was going to be any good with the previews... especially with the airship.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Yet, with its alright cast and production values, the film might have been better as a straightforward adaptation, with no airships -- considering that the last Musketeer movie to hit theaters while including the stolen jewels subplot was the [[Film/TheThreeMusketeers1973 Richard Lester version from 1973-74]]. On the other hand, RuleOfCool.
* WhatTheHellCastingAgency: Creator/OrlandoBloom is in this, but he's ''not'' playing D'Artagnan. To be fair he's rather to old to play D'Artagnan in an adaption of the first novel (when the character is very young) and as mentioned above he does get to do a PlayingAgainstType as the evil Buckingham.