* AudienceAlienatingPremise: ''The Three Musketeers'' with airships. ''The Three Musketeers'' directed by [[Creator/PaulWSAnderson Paul W. S. Anderson]].
* EvilIsSexy: Milady de Winter.
* GeniusBonus: Or rather Reader Bonus. Luke Evans (Aramis) bears a resemblance to Orlando Bloom (the Duke of Buckingham). In the book, when D'Artagnan first sees the Duke he notes his resemblance to Aramis.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The movie was a flop in the US but has been quite successful overseas (even managing to be of the year's biggest films in Germany and Japan).
* SoOkayItsAverage: The splendid visuals and some solid performances and action scenes are undercut by the rest of the film.
* TaintedByThePreview: People were sceptical if this film was going to be any good with the previews... especially with the airship.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Yet, with its alright cast and production values, the film might have been better as a straightforward adaptation, with no airships -- considering that the last Musketeer movie to hit theaters while including the stolen jewels subplot was the [[Film/TheThreeMusketeers1973 Richard Lester version from 1973-74]]. On the other hand, RuleOfCool.
* WhatTheHellCastingAgency?: Creator/OrlandoBloom is in this, but he's ''not'' playing D'Artagnan? Bwa?