* AudienceAlienatingPremise: ''The Three Musketeers'' with airships. ''The Three Musketeers'' directed by [[Creator/PaulWSAnderson Paul W. S. Anderson]].
* EvilIsSexy: Milady de Winter.
* GeniusBonus: Or rather Reader Bonus. Luke Evans (Aramis) bears a resemblance to Orlando Bloom (the Duke of Buckingham). In the book, when D'Artagnan first sees the Duke he notes his resemblance to Aramis.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The movie was a flop in the US but has been quite successful overseas (even managing to be of the year's biggest films in Germany and Japan).
* SoOkayItsAverage: The splendid visuals and some solid performances and action scenes are undercut by the rest of the film.
* TaintedByThePreview: People were sceptical if this film was going to be any good with the previews... especially with the airship.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Yet, with its alright cast and production values, the film might have been better as a straightforward adaptation, with no airships -- considering that the last Musketeer movie to hit theaters while including the stolen jewels subplot was the [[Film/TheThreeMusketeers1973 Richard Lester version from 1973-74]]. On the other hand, RuleOfCool.
* WhatTheHellCastingAgency?: Creator/OrlandoBloom is in this, but he's ''not'' playing D'Artagnan? Bwa?
** Maybe during his ''Pirates'' days but he's a little too old now, since he's now in his thirties while D'Artagnan is a youth in the book.[[note]]Though that didn't stop Michael York who was also in his thirties when he played the role in the 1970s films. By comparison, Lerman is teenage and Chris O'Donnell in the 1993 film was in his twenties.[[/note]]