!!This provides examples of:
* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: About the games themselves. Here, most of the characters are [[spoiler:living in fear of Penny]], and Tom Nook ''seems'' to be interpreted as a [[ManipulativeBastard bastard that won't let Billy leave]], but his ulterior motive [[spoiler:was that he was trying to ''help Billy escape'']].
** Even [[spoiler:the Gyroids]] get looked at from a different point of view. In the games, [[spoiler:they're innocent if weird statues of unknown origin that move and make funny noises.]] Here, [[spoiler:they're not so innocent weird statues of unknown origin that mutate those exposed for them for too long (as well as driving them temporarily insane)... that move and make funny noises.]]
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[spoiler:[[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown "This is mine."]]]]
* CultClassic: In the realm of LetsPlay, anyway.
* HilariousInHindsight: See that rabbit on the cover who's zoomed in on in the first update? That happens to be [[Roleplay/RubyQuest Ruby]].
** When the Animal Crossing villager was announced for ''VideoGame/SuperSmashBros Wii U/3DS'', he quickly gained a [[MemeticPsychopath memetic]] [[AxCrazy reputation]] that wouldn't be out of place in this story.
* NightmareFuel: You'll never look at this game the same way again.
** The horrific deaths. "[[spoiler:Tom died alone and unloved in a hole like an animal]]." *shiver*
** Good luck playing the game ever again...
** Just about everything involving [[spoiler:Penny. "Come on Billy, this will be ''[[PsychopathicManchild fun!]]'']]
** [[ApocalypticLog Nook's journal.]] Especially how [[spoiler:Tom Nook is shown steadily losing his mind due to the gyroids' influence.]]
** Penny's last balloon letter. Made even creepier after your second read through, when you know [[spoiler: who "Penny" really is.]]
* OneSceneWonder: Mr. Resetti appears in the anti-box ending to yell at Billy for [[spoiler:attempting to commit suicide]] and give him a life lesson.
* TearJerker: "[[spoiler:Tom died unloved and alone in a hole like an animal.]]" Ouch.
** The entire anti-box ending is either this or NightmareFuel. [[spoiler: "I'm coming, Penny. ''I love you.''"]]
* WhatAnIdiot: [[spoiler: Penny]], is it ''really'' a good idea to [[spoiler: list off the ways that you could kill Billy in front of him]]? Then again, [[spoiler: she ''is'' a little out of it..]].
** SuicidalOverconfidence: it could have been a case of this, since [[spoiler:she ''is'' able to rip apart someone with her bare hands]]. Too bad [[spoiler:Billy [[ShutUpHannibal took the initiative]] via UnstoppableRage]].
* TheWoobie: [[spoiler: Tom Nook]] probably counts, towards the last few chapters and after TheReveal.
** Also Billy, who's pretty much trapped, constantly fails to find an escape, and has gone through several sleepless nights.
** Not to mention K.K., who is pretty much the [[OnlySaneMan only completely decent person on the island]] who is utterly horrified at what is happening but is powerless to stop it. [[TearJerker It is implied that he travels around the island playing music for the children as a way of comforting them, it being the only thing he can do for them.]] Billy even promises himself that if he manages to escape, he'll come back for K.K. ([[WhatHappenedToTheMouse though it's never stated whether or not he does]])