* BrokenBase: In 1997, Iggy remixed ''Music/RawPower'' and made it A LOT LOUDER AND A LOT HEAVIER (technically speaking, it is the loudest album ever) in response to fans complaints that [[Music/DavidBowie David Bowie's]] rushed original mix was too thin. A lot of people came crawling back to the Bowie mix. On the other hand, some fans thought the mix, even as punishing as it was, was more faithful to Iggy's original vision.
* CoveredUp: Iggy's 1977 song "China Girl" from ''Music/TheIdiot'' (co-written with Music/DavidBowie) is much more well-known as a 1983 single by Bowie. The covering up was ultimately pretty beneficial to the original artist, which may have been the point: Iggy Pop was nearing bankruptcy and struggling with addiction at the time, and receiving substantial royalties for the Bowie version helped him out financially.
** To a certain extent, Music/SexPistols' cover of "No Fun."
* CoverVersion: One of many bands to make "Louie Louie" their own.
* CrazyAwesome: Iggy Pop.
* EpicRiff: Several, but "I Wanna Be Your Dog" from ''Music/TheStoogesAlbum'' probably takes the cake.
* EvenBetterSequel: ''Music/FunHouse'' is a notable aversion to the SophomoreSlump, being considered much better than their debut. If ''Music/RawPower'' isn't a Stooges fan's favorite album, it's usually this one.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The band pretty much launched PunkRock in Britain, along with fellow American bands The Music/VelvetUnderground and The Music/NewYorkDolls.
* HilariousInHindsight: During his junior high school days, Iggy was voted "Most likely to succeed" by his classmates. Well, he and the Stooges did play a key role in kickstarting [[PunkRock an entire music genre]].
* ILikedItBetterWhenItSucked: How some fans felt about the ''Raw Power'' remix.
* MagnumOpus: Generally considered to be ''Music/RawPower'', although ''Music/FunHouse'' has its share of people who will vouch for it too. The self-titled is generally considered to be an excellent album, but a notch below those two.
* MomentOfAwesome: Numerous - right up to their legendary final show, which music critics have likened to a snuff film - but Iggy essentially [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR2rl_OVcl4&t=3m30s inventing crowd-surfing]] stands out and provides one of the band's most iconic images (4:14).
* NightmareFuel: For the love of God, DON'T listen to "We Will Fall" at night...
* PainfulRhyme: ''Well it's 1969 okay/All across the USA''
** "Last year I was 21/I didn't have a lot of fun/Now I'm going to be 22/I say oh, my, and a boo-hoo."
* VindicatedByHistory: Their albums flopped on release and they were generally hated by critics, but all three of the band's original albums were in ''Rolling Stone's'' list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.