* AdaptionDisplacement: Not many people know that this started out as a comic.
* EarWorm: Admit it. You saw the link to the series page and the first line of the theme started playing in your head.
* HarsherInHindsight: In "The Day they Fixed Junior Wetworth" we learn that the real reason Junior is such a prick is because he used to be constantly bullied, and when he learned how to stick up for himself, he took it too far. Since this kind of stuff is a BIG concern for kids today, this episode is a bit cringe worthy now.
* HilariousInHindsight: In "Hooked on a Feeling" Occy falls [[CargoShip in love with an octopus-shaped fishing lure.]] "She" nearly gets the enamored little fellow eaten by attracting an even bigger fish. So, kids of the 90's, what [[TheAngryBeavers other cartoon had someone fall for fishing lure and causing the same kind of disaster?]]
* MartyStu: Allstar
* TheyCopiedItNowItSucks: Is it a fun show with a good dose of nostalgia, or just a rip-off of TheSmurfs? [[RuleOfCautiousEditingJudgement Let's not discuss it here.]]
* UnfortunateImplications: In the episode "Allstar's Double Trouble", Allstar has a friend of the family, [[SouthernBelle Sam]], stay over for a visit while her dad's away. Allstar ends up crushing on her, and during a date at the drive in theater, Sam mentions her [[BastardBoyfriend old boyfriend, Bubba]], who would act as if she was his property and [[CrazyJealousGuy beat the snot out of any guy who looked at her too long.]] Later in the episode, Bubba actually shows up at the Seaworthys' house and angrily demands to talk to Sam. When he finds out she's out with Allstar, he goes to the drive-in to teach him a lesson. Long story short, Allstar leaves for a while and Junior ends up watching the movie with Sam, Bubba shows up and gives him the pounding. When Allstar returns later he finds Junior, but no Sam or Bubba in sight. It's also implied she did not return to the Seaworthys either, meaning [[FridgeHorror her abusive "boyfriend" stalked her to where she was staying, she was taken by force away with him,]] [[AdultFear and neither her parents or her temporary caretakers know where she is now!]]