%%DO NOT add in ANY Complete Monster examples without getting the cleanup thread's approval.
* BaseBreakingCharacter: Spider-Pig. Either a hilarious EnsembleDarkhorse or a ForcedMeme that got annoying after being featured [[TrailerJokeDecay in every single promotion for the movie.]]
* BrokenBase: Is the film just as good as the classic years of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons''? Is it not as good as the golden age but still better than the show after SeasonalRot set in? Does it instead suffer from the same plotting and characterization issues that plague the recent seasons? Or is it an enjoyable but flawed experience that just didn't quite [[HypeBacklash live up to the hype]]?
* DracoInLeatherPants: Many people have gone out of their way to portray Russ Cargill as a hero despite [[spoiler:sealing Springfield and its residents in a giant dome and almost ''blowing it up with a nuke with its denizens inside it''.]]
* EarWorm: The Spider-Pig song.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: The Inuit Medicine Woman, aka "Boob-Lady".
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Marge comments that the government isn't going to listen to her and Bart discuss Cargill's plans. Then it turns out from the PRISM scandal that yes, the NSA has been tracking and bugging people.
** The "Itchy and Scratchy" cartoon from the beginning shows Itchy becoming President of the United States with UsefulNotes/HillaryClinton as his Vice-President. At the time, Hillary was expected to be the Democratic Party's 2008 presidential candidate, but ended up losing the Democratic Primaries to then-Senator UsefulNotes/BarackObama. Then, in 2016, Hillary ran again and became the Democratic Party candidate, but lost to UsefulNotes/DonaldTrump, the Republican Party candidate.
* HarsherInHindsight: The plot about Springfield being screwed over by an incompetent EPA trying to cover up a polluted water hole might seem a little too realistic after a similar thing happened in Flint, Michigan.
** The President's line, "I was elected to LEAD, not to READ," is EERILY similar to 2012 presidential nomination candidate Herman Cain stating, after his Libya incident, that the United States "needs a leader not a reader."
** In the short scene with Creator/TomHanks, he comments that "the government has run out of credibility and is borrowing some of mine". [[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112325/Barack-Obama-documentary-narrated-Tom-Hanks-highlights-presidents-achievements.html?ito=feeds-newsxml He's the narrator of an Obama campaign video.]]
** Comic Book Guy's guess as to what EPA means is that it might be the sound effect Franchise/GreenLantern makes when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid. Sure enough, Creator/DCComics used this sound effect in an issue of Green Lantern's ComicBook/SinestroCorpsWar arc, but there were no vats of acid involved.
** During the live tweet of the "Every Simpsons Ever" marathon on FXX, it was pointed out that Homer on the wrecking ball was an idea used by Music/MileyCyrus for her infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video (only there was no nudity involved with the Homer version). This was obviously a joke, but this time (and the time Homer was riding a wrecking ball on "Sideshow Bob Roberts") are funnier in light of this[[note]]Also, twerking Miley Cyrus's way wasn't invented until 6 years after the movie, but that's neither here nor there[[/note]].
** During the ending credits, the French anthem is sung with lyrics stating that Springfield doesn't have an anthem so they decided to plagiarize the French one. For Season 26, one of the plots for announced episode "Walking Big & Tall" is about Lisa writing a new anthem for Springfield after learning that the old one was plagiarized.
** The ''VideoGame/GrandTheftAuto'' parody where the walrus guns down a penguin who did nothing threatening seems especially prophetic with GTA Online demonstrating the modus operandi of most players is KillEmAll, especially players who are not a threat or actively a part of the game's combat.
** During the motorcycle game to win the truck, when Homer tells Lisa he's scared of speeding up the motorcycle, Lisa yells to Homer "[[Creator/ShiaLabeouf JUST DO IT!]]".
* IdiotPlot: [[LampshadeHanging A 2010 episode from the show even pointed this out]]: the townsfolk could've easily escaped if they just dug under the dome. To be fair, Springfield does not have a good track record for having sensible or even intelligent people.
* InformedWrongness: Homer not wanting to go back and save Springfield is treated as him being his usual stubborn selfish self... except that he had every right of being wary of ever going near that place again because the townsfolk tried to kill not just him, but his entire family including his ''infant daughter'' to boot. They didn't exactly come off as worth the help. Though it should also be noted that Homer himself was the reason the townsfolk had tried to kill them, and they openly declared that they only wanted Homer...at least at first before they decided to kill his family as well.
* JerkassWoobie: Homer and Bart.
** Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does... Which [[HypeBacklash backlashed]] to some extent, since it was such a ForcedMeme due to deliberate viral marketing.
** Cargill's whole "mad with power" speech.
* MoralEventHorizon: Cargill crosses a line when he [[spoiler: plans to blow up Springfield with a small nuke.]] The kicker is that this plan would [[spoiler: kill off thousands of supposedly (supposedly is a key word considering Springfield) innocent people, including ''children''.]] And he knows this, and doesn't give a damn about the consequences.
** He crosses it even further when he attempts to [[spoiler: shoot Homer and [[WouldHurtAChild Bart]] for no other reason, than to spite him for ruining his plan, but not before Maggie drops a boulder on his head]].
** About the supposedly innocent people, they also crossed it when they decided to hang the Simpsons family as well. Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney stand out in particular for tying a noose for Maggie. A BABY who had NOTHING to do with Homer polluting the lake.
* UglyCute: The Mutant Squirrel.