%%DO NOT add in ANY Complete Monster examples without getting the cleanup thread's approval.
* BrokenBase: Is the film just as good as the classic years of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons''? Does it instead suffer from the same plotting and characterization issues that plague the recent seasons? Or is it an enjoyable but flawed experience that just didn't quite [[HypeBacklash live up to the hype]]?
* DracoInLeatherPants: Many people have gone out of their way to portray Russ Cargill as a hero despite [[spoiler:sealing Springfield and its residents in a giant dome and almost ''blowing it up with a nuke with its denizens inside it''.]]
* EarWorm: The Spider-Pig song.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Spider-Pig.
** The Inuit Medicine Woman, aka "Boob-Lady".
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Marge comments that the government isn't going to listen to her and Bart discuss Cargill's plans. Then it turns out from the PRISM scandal that yes, the NSA has been tracking and bugging people.
** The President's line, "I was elected to LEAD, not to READ," is EERILY similar to Herman Cain stating, after his Libya incident, that the United States "needs a leader not a reader."
** In the short scene with Creator/TomHanks he comments that "the government has run out of credibility and is borrowing some of mine". [[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112325/Barack-Obama-documentary-narrated-Tom-Hanks-highlights-presidents-achievements.html?ito=feeds-newsxml He's the narrator of an Obama campaign video.]]
** Comic Book Guy's guess as to what EPA means is that it might be the sound effect Green Lantern makes when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid. Sure enough, DCComics used this sound effect in an issue of Green Lantern's SinestroCorpsWar arc, but there were no vats of acid involved.
** During the live tweet of the "Every Simpsons Ever" marathon on FXX, it was pointed out that Homer on the wrecking ball was an idea used by MileyCyrus for her infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video (only there was no nudity involved with the Homer version). This was obviously a joke, but this time (and the time Homer was riding a wrecking ball on "Sideshow Bob Roberts") are funnier in light of this.
Also, twerking Miley Cyrus's way wasn't invented until 6 years after the movie.
** Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does... Which [[HypeBacklash backlashed]] to some extent, since it was such a ForcedMeme due to deliberate viral marketing.
** Cargill's whole "mad with power" speech.
* MoralEventHorizon: Cargill crosses a line when he [[spoiler: plans to blow up Springfield with a small nuke.]] The kicker is that this plan would [[spoiler: kill off thousands of (mostly) innocent people, including ''children''.]] And he knows this, and doesn't give a damn about the consequences.
* TheScrappy: Others see Spider-Pig as this mainly because it was in every single frigging promo for the film.