%%DO NOT add in ANY Complete Monster examples without getting the cleanup thread's approval.
* BrokenBase: Is the film just as good as the classic years of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons''? Does it instead suffer from the same plotting and characterization issues that plague the recent seasons? Or is it an enjoyable but flawed experience that just didn't quite [[HypeBacklash live up to the hype]]?
* DracoInLeatherPants: Many people have gone out of their way to portray Russ Cargill as a hero despite [[spoiler:sealing Springfield and its residents in a giant dome.]]
* EarWorm: The Spider-Pig song.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Spider-Pig.
** The Inuit Medicine Woman, aka "Boob-Lady".
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Marge comments that the government isn't going to listen to her and Bart discuss Cargill's plans. Then it turns out from the PRISM scandal that yes, the NSA has been tracking and bugging people.
** The President's line, "I was elected to LEAD, not to READ," is EERILY similar to Herman Cain stating, after his Libya incident, that the United States "needs a leader not a reader."
** In the short scene with Creator/TomHanks he comments that "the government has run out of credibility and is borrowing some of mine". [[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112325/Barack-Obama-documentary-narrated-Tom-Hanks-highlights-presidents-achievements.html?ito=feeds-newsxml He's the narrator of an Obama campaign video.]]
** Comic Book Guy's guess as to what EPA means is that it might be the sound effect Green Lantern makes when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid. Sure enough, DCComics used this sound effect in an issue of Green Lantern's SinestroCorpsWar arc, but there were no vats of acid involved.
** Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does... Which [[HypeBacklash backlashed]] to some extent, since it was such a ForcedMeme due to deliberate viral marketing.
** Cargill's whole "mad with power" speech.
* MoralEventHorizon: Cargill crosses a line when he [[spoiler: plans to blow up Springfield with a small nuke.]] The kicker is that this plan would [[spoiler: kill off thousands of (mostly) innocent people, including ''children''.]] And he knows this, and doesn't give a damn about the consequences.
* TheScrappy: Others see Spider-Pig as this mainly because it was in every single frigging promo for the film.
** Bart watching Flanders tuck his kids into their beds and making them snug and meanwhile, Homer's playing with [=Plopper/Spider-Pig/Harry Plopper.=] Bart comments "So that's what snug is.."
** Homer returning to his cabin and finding none of the family, but a video tape [[spoiler:where Marge announces that she's leaving him.]]
-->[[spoiler: '''Marge:''' Lately, what's keeping us together is my ability to overlook everything you do. And I overlook these things because...\\
'''Marge:''' Well, that's the thing. I just don't know how to finish that sentence anymore. So I'm leaving with the kids to help Springfield, and we're never coming back. And to prove to myself that this is the end... I taped this over our wedding video. Goodbye, Homie.]]
** Then the tape cuts to [[spoiler: their wedding dance, which drives the point home all the harder.]]
** [[spoiler: and then a DarkReprise of their love song is the background as he goes to find them.]]