* AccidentalInnuendo: Entreri fantasizes about shoving his ''magical flute'' down Jarlaxle's throat to shut him up in ''Road of the Patriarch''.
* CryForTheDevil: Artemis Entreri is a ruthless assassin that has done his fair share of atrocities over the series progression, but seeing his upbringing in ''Road of the Patriarch'' does a great deal in explaining how he came to be how he is. His mother was a prostitute, his supposed father abused him and his uncle molested him as a boy, before his mother sold him to a pedohile merchant. No wonder he grew up to be a cynic.
* HoYay: Jarlaxle's grooming of his new companion seems rather self serving: When Entreri shows up in a fine new dress shirt in a bar, it thoroughly diverts Jarlaxle's attention from a woman he intends to bed. She notices his staring and is not amused.
* MagnificentBastard: Jarlaxle is already known as one in the overall series, but being a main character in ''The Sellswords'' gives a whole lot of new insights into his methods and arsenal. If fhe way he planned for the plot around Entreri's kingship alone doesn't classify him as one, then the various fall-back plans and XanatosSpeedChess moments surrounding that event surely will.
* PainfulRhyme: Arthogate's entire dialog could be quoted here.