* AwesomeMusic: ''Green Onions'' which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. [[note]]They were "banned from the pool forever that day" but this is a sidenote so the example is still valid. She's even said to have been impressed by it and married him in the epilogue.[[/note]]
** "[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR-E-VER. FOR--E--VER.]] ''[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR---E---VER."]]''
** "You're KILLING me, Smalls!"
** The how to build some s'mores scene.
* NauseaFuel: [[spoiler:[[VomitChainReaction The fair scene]], [[VomitIndiscretionShot in all its glory]].]]
** Works quite well as AnAesop.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/JamesEarlJones as [[spoiler:Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".]]
* RecycledScript: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.
* SpecialEffectFailure: The cutaway shots of fireworks during the Fourth of July game are stretched horizontally (the fireworks appear oblong), meaning non-anamorphic stock footage was spliced into the film.