* AwesomeMusic: "Green Onions", which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
* CriticalDissonance: The film has mixed reviews from critics with a 57% on Rotton Tomatoes but overly positive reviews with audiences with a score of 89%.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Ham is one of the best-remembered characters in the movie, despite having relatively little screen time. It helps that some of the most meme-tastic lines in the film (see MemeticMutation and SignatureScene) are said by him.
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. It's said that they were "banned from the pool forever that day", but this is a sidenote, so the example is still valid. She's even said to have been impressed by it and married him in the epilogue.
** Smalls' mother telling him to get into trouble during the summer (not too much, but some) becomes not so funny after the actor who played Smalls got arrested 20 years later.
** It's hard to imagine Squints getting off with just being banned from the pool for life over his stunt. Sexual harassment and matters of consent have become SeriousBusiness even for ''children''. Today he could likely expect ''serious'' legal ramifications. Since the movie took place in the height of the Mad Men era when sexual harassment was as American as apple pie, he probably would've just gotten slapped back then.
* HoYay: Smalls and Benny.
** "[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR-E-VER. FOR--E--VER.]] ''[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR---E---VER."]]''
** "You're KILLING me, Smalls!"
** The how to build some s'mores scene.
* NauseaFuel: [[spoiler:[[VomitChainReaction The fair scene]], [[VomitIndiscretionShot in all its glory]].]] Surprisingly works quite well as AnAesop.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/JamesEarlJones as [[spoiler:Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".]]
* RecycledScript: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.
** The standoff between the Sandlot kids and their rival team.
--->'''Ham:''' You play ball like a girl!
** The chase scene with Benny and the Beast.
--->'''Benny:''' Sandlot! Sandlot! Sandlot!
** The how you build some s'mores scene.
--->'''Ham:''' You're killing me Smalls!
* SpecialEffectFailure: The cutaway shots of fireworks during the Fourth of July game are stretched horizontally (the fireworks appear oblong), meaning non-anamorphic stock footage was spliced into the film.
** The animatronics used in many scenes for The Beast don't hold up particularly well. Though in a bit of FridgeBrilliance that may make them work even work ''better'' considering his mythic status among the kids.