* AwesomeMusic: ''Green Onions'' which plays when the sandlot boys have their confrontation with the Little Leaguers.
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Forcibly, nonconsensually kissing a girl is an important rite of passage. [[note]]They were "banned from the pool forever that day" but this is a sidenote so the example is still valid. She's even said to have been impressed by it and married him in the epilogue.[[/note]]
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Smalls mother telling him to get into trouble during the summer (Not too much, but some) becomes not so funny after the actor who played Smalls got arrested 20 years later.
** "[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR-E-VER. FOR--E--VER.]] ''[[PunctuatedForEmphasis FOR---E---VER."]]''
** "You're KILLING me, Smalls!"
** The how to build some s'mores scene.
* NauseaFuel: [[spoiler:[[VomitChainReaction The fair scene]], [[VomitIndiscretionShot in all its glory]].]]
** Works quite well as AnAesop.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/JamesEarlJones as [[spoiler:Mr. Mertle, the owner of the junkyard and Hercules aka "The Beast".]]
* RecycledScript: The second movie's plot is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of a few plot details.
* SignatureScene: The standoff between the Sandlot kids and their rival team.
-->'''Ham:''' You play ball like a girl!
** The chase scene with Benny and the Beast.
-->'''Benny''': Sandlot! Sandlot! Sandlot!
** The how you build some s'mores scene.
-->'''Ham''': You're killing me Smalls!
* SpecialEffectFailure: The cutaway shots of fireworks during the Fourth of July game are stretched horizontally (the fireworks appear oblong), meaning non-anamorphic stock footage was spliced into the film.