!![[Literature/TheSaint The Books]]
* BizarroEpisode:''The Man Who Liked Ants'' which features The Saint stopping world domination by ants. Seriously. A MadScientist breeds ants to grow in size and intelligence, believing them to be a 'purer' and more admirable life form cheated out of its glory by the evolution of fallible and in-fighting prone humanity. Templar [[KillItWithFire kills the ant queen and her nest before it can hatch.]] It's also a weird episode, because it's one of the few times you actually see Templar afraid and briefly has the heebie-jeebies about insects for a little while following it.
!![[Series/TheSaint The Series]]
* AwesomeMusic: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWr_1uLjqic series theme]], an EarWorm composed by Leslie Charteris himself and arranged by Edwin Astley.
* BizarroEpisode: Early on, The Saint would help friends and strangers. Then he started to doing the occasional espionage job for the government. Then, in ''The House On Dragon's Rock'' (an adaptation of ''The Man Who Liked Ants'', above) he stops a MadScientist's [[BigCreepyCrawlies giant ant and its eggs]] from taking over the world.
** The ant is, of course, a NuclearNasty.
** In one episode of the 1960's series Simon (played by Creator/RogerMoore) impersonates an [=MI-5=] agent. The woman he was tricking even remarked that it was great to have Film/JamesBond on her side. This was before Moore [[Film/LiveAndLetDie made his debut as Bond]].
** In addition to that, Lois Maxwell (the original Miss Moneypenny) guest-starred in two different episodes during the 5th series in 1966, seven years before Moore would go on to play Bond, thus also making them working together in the Bond films an unintentional case of IWantYouToMeetAnOldFriendOfMine.
* ValuesDissonance: "The Golden Journey" opens with Simon Templar suggesting that his friend could 'cure' his fiancée's spoilt brat attitude by hitting her every now and then.
!![[Film/TheSaint The Film]]
* CompleteMonster: Tretiak created a heating oil shortage by hiding it in a massive tank beneath his mansion in order to convince the populace that the current government was a failure. Doing so killed quite a number of people. He did it all for power and to raid the treasury.
* EndingFatigue: The movie continues a full fifteen minutes after the villains are arrested and the conflict is resolved. One US TV broadcast ended the movie just moments later when Emma and Simon reunite at the country house.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The film uses the alias of Leslie Charteris' greatest character. And that is all. (That Charteris's name does not appear on the credits says pretty much everything.)