!![[Film/TheReplacements2000 The film ]]
!![[WesternAnimation/TheReplacement The Disney series]]
* DieForOurShip: Sierra
* GrowingTheBeard: The first season was just passable, focusing on the gimmick with formulaic episodes. (The kids are displeased, someone is replaced, things are better, then they learn why the original was better and fix it.) However, by season 2, the gimmick was used in creative ways and the plots focused more on the characters themselves.
** The TwoShorts format was also mostly abandoned - allowing the opportunity to tell more developed stories.
* TheWoobie: Prince Cinnamon Boots.
!![[Music/TheReplacements The band]]
* EarWorm: "Alex Chilton" and "Can't Hardly Wait" were clearly designed to invade people's heads. ''And never leave.''
* EpicRiff: A few, but "We're Coming Out" has a pretty damn epic one.
* GrowingTheBeard: While their first couple albums aren't considered bad, the 'Mats grew a [[Film/HotFuzz big bushy beard]] with ''Let It Be'' and never looked back.
* HarsherInHindsight: "Here Comes a Regular" can get even more depressing when you remember Bob Stinson's alcoholism led to his early death.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: Pretty innovative and influential in their day, the 'Mats now receive less attention than some of their contemporaries. It can now be hard to understand what made them so different.
* TearJerker: "Sixteen Blue", "Here Comes a Regular", "Androgynous", "The Ledge"...
* ToughActToFollow: While the albums following it were well-received. ''Let It Be'' is often help up at the band's high point.