* CrazyAwesome : Most especially Gen, though Eddis and Attolia have their moments.
* EvilIsSexy: Or so Nahuseresh thinks. Other characters [[LampshadeHanging comment on it]].
* FanNickname - Nahuserfish.
* FanPreferredCouple: Helen (the Queen of Eddis) and the Magus of Sounis, for some fans. Some of us are still happily shipping Helen/Sophos [[spoiler: ''encouraged by'' the latter's mysterious disappearance]]. [[spoiler: The latter one. Engagement's on the books.]]
* FanonDiscontinuity - It hasn't gone so far as to become a BrokenBase, but there's a clear split between the fans who think ''The Queen of Attolia'' is one of, if not, ''the'' best books in the series, and fans who like to pretend it doesn't exist because of the...unusual nature of the romance between [[spoiler:Eugenides and Attolia]].
* GeniusBonus: In ''The Thief'', when Gen and the Magus talk about the old gods, Gen makes a disparaging remark about the "new" gods; which is a pretty accurate description of the gods of Greek mythology. Specifically Zeus and Hera.
* HarsherInHindsight - The early scenes in ''The Queen of Attolia'' where Gen is [[spoiler:tortured]] and [[spoiler:maimed]] are much more horrifying to read after the revelations at the end of the book.
** Nahuseresh, who suavely convinces the Queen of Attolia to [[spoiler:cut off the Thief of Eddis's (Eugenides's) hand]] in order to [[spoiler:instigate a war between Attolia and Eddis]], which would give the [[TheEmpire Medean Empire]] an excuse to intervene and get a foothold on the Continent. And he does this all while taking care of his delicate skin and fine, sexy oiled hair.
-->Attolia uncharacteristically said the first thing that came to mind. "He sharpens his beard into points like a fork," she said of her ambassador, "and uses cheap hair oil."
** Also, Attolia who managed to take over a kingdom with no help and no training while using only her jewelry and some poisoned berries. And then managed to hold on to it. And while Nahuseresh does the above, she completely outbastards him by the end when [[spoiler:she turns on him and says that she's taking his gifts of gold and troops as just that: ''gifts'', not payment for any kind of service, tells him she knows exactly how he's been trying to undermine her, and ejects him from the country]].
** Last but not lest, Gen. ''In spades.'' Especially in the first book, when [[spoiler:he tricks the magus into thinking he lost the gift and keeps it hidden in his own braid]] until the very end.
* MemeticBadass - Eugenides. He's already plenty badass in canon, but the fans take his awesomeness to the ''n''th degree.
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: It's pretty much agreed on by the fans that everything Gen does qualifies for this. He eats Awesome Flakes for breakfast... in your rafters. He's not the only one. "Diplomacy, in my own name." Face it, where this CrazyAwesome, BunnyEarsLawyer thief goes, awesome immediately follows.
* RewatchBonus: Everything in the early parts ''The Thief'' the first time you reread it, from Gen's behavior towards the magus to the simple act of glancing at a display of earrings.
* TheWoobie: Sophos. [[spoiler: Gen after the second book.]]
** Gen in the first two books can hardly go five pages without falling over from something or other.