* ArchivePanic: Averted. Unlike [[Music/TupacShakur 2Pac]], only two posthumous Biggie albums have been released - and one of them (''Duets: The Final Chapter'', [[FandomNickname AKA]] ''The Biggie Duets'') mainly consisted of remixes.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: There's a reason he's widely considered one of the best rappers of all time.
* EarWorm: Quite a few of his songs are ''very'' catchy. Good luck listening to "Hypnotize" without having "Biggie Biggie Biggie, can't you see?" ping-ponging in your head for days afterward. There's also "I love it when you call me Big Poppa! Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true player..."
* FandomRivalry: Notorious B.I.G. fans VS [[Music/TupacShakur 2Pac]] fans, not really because of their music, but their real-life rivalry.
* FirstInstallmentWins: While his second and final album ''Life After Death'' is a classic, his debut ''Ready to Die'' is widely considered the superior album.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Well... first of all, his song "Juicy" contains the line "Blow up like the World Trade", which needless to say takes on a second meaning today - he was actually referring to the previous attack on the towers. (Needless to say, in Music/JayZ's tribute "A Dream" on his ''Blueprint 2'' album, the sample of "Juicy" blanks that line out.) And then he was gunned down in UsefulNotes/LosAngeles. Not only was his only album released during his life titled ''Ready to Die'', his second album, released posthumously, was titled ''Life After Death'', and the cover art consists of him standing next to a '''''hearse'''''. And if that wasn't enough, the album also contains the songs "Going Back to Cali" and "You're Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)". FunnyAneurysmMoment and TooSoon all in one go.
* HesJustHiding: Along with 2Pac, some people believe that he's still alive and in hiding somewhere, although the idea of a 6' 3'' 300-400lb man managing to fake his death without anyone recognizing him is highly doubtful. [[TheEndOrIsIt Though if he lost the weight...]]
** "Who's better, 2Pac or Biggie?"
** There is/was also Biggie vs. Music/JayZ.
* SignatureSong: "Juicy", "Big Poppa" and "Hypnotize".
* TearJerker: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidVl3QOwQ8 intro]] of ''Life After Death''.
** "Suicidal Thoughts", probably one of the most accurate (and chilling) looks into a suicidal mind in music.t