* CompleteMonster: Calvera terrorizes peaceful innocent villagers, raiding the village and killing a man simply commenting ''Stupid''. Also when his men count their dead companions he answers: ''Talk! They're all dead anyway. Forget about them''. To be fair, the guy he called stupid was the one who [[WhatAnIdiot charged forty bandits armed with guns with only a machete while screaming loudly and running towards them from a hundred yards]].
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome -- Plenty.
** Britt's introduction. Also Chris and Vin's, though Britt's is even more awesome.
** The entire first confrontation with Calvera and his men. It's also one of the most quotable scene in the film ("We deal in lead, friend" amongst them).
* CrowningMomentOfFunny -- This exchange, taking place just after Britt has shot dead one of the bandits who was fleeing on horseback:
-->'''Chico:''' ''[awed]'' That was the greatest shot I've ever seen!
-->'''Britt:''' ''[sternly]'' The worst! I was aiming at the ''horse''.
* StopHelpingMe: Bernardo's Instant Fanclub follows him everywhere and tries to help him in any way; [[spoiler: they get him killed in the final battle when they distract him during a gunfight]].
* WeirdAlEffect -- The theme is widely known from its use in Marlboro cigarette ads. In Australia, the theme is better known as the music from the Victoria Bitter ads.
* WTHCastingAgency: Yul Brynner as a Cajun and Eli Wallach as a Mexican. Both are so awesome that it's not that big of an issue.