* AwesomeMusic: Music/ElmerBernstein's score, particularly the unforgettable [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA main title theme]].
** Eli Wallach (who portrayed the bandit leader Calvera) once remarked that if he'd have heard Elmer's music during filming, he'd have ridden his horse better.
* CanonForeigner: Of all the characters, Lee is the only one who isn't directly adapted from ''Film/SevenSamurai'' (instead filling the space left open by combining Kikuchiyo and Katsushiro into [[CompositeCharacter Chico]]). His characterization as a fighter who's lost his nerve would have been unbecoming of any samurai.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Plenty of them.
** Britt's introduction. Also Chris and Vin's, though Britt's is even more awesome.
** The entire first confrontation with Calvera and his men. It's also one of the most quotable scene in the film ("We deal in lead, friend" amongst them).
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: This exchange, taking place just after Britt has shot dead one of the bandits who was fleeing on horseback:
-->'''Chico:''' ''[awed]'' That was the greatest shot I've ever seen!
-->'''Britt:''' ''[sternly]'' The worst! I was aiming at the ''horse''.
* EstrogenBrigade: Let's see: we have the very handsome Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, pretty boy Horst Bucholz, James Coburn, and the striking and ''very'' charismatic Eli Wallach. Yes, these are reasons enough.
* FountainOfMemes: There are many [[MemeticMutation memetic lines]] from the film, and many of them occur in a five-minute sequence during the first confrontation between Calvera's bandits and the Seven. Outside of that part, there's Britt's famous "I was aiming for the horse!" and Lee's "Enemies: None. ... ''alive.''" speech.
* LoveToHate: Calvera. He's ruthless and cruel, but he's so much fun to watch!
* RepurposedPopSong: The title theme's main riff is widely known for its later use in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQmpqvoEpws Marlboro cigarette]] commercials and Arthur Conley's 1968 hit "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grE0lwTsSPg Sweel Soul Music]]".
** In Australia, a [[SuspiciouslySimilarSong knockoff of the tune]] was famously used for [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nszIJDswTBM Victoria Bitter]] ads.
* StopHelpingMe: Bernardo's Instant Fanclub follows him everywhere and tries to help him in any way; [[spoiler: they get him killed in the final battle when they distract him during a gunfight]].
* WTHCastingAgency: Yul Brynner as a Cajun and Eli Wallach as a Mexican. But both are so awesome that it's not that big of an issue.