* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The defeat of [[EvilSorceror Roper Klacks]]. [[spoiler:You hand him an ordinary calculator, he pushes a few buttons, and he's somehow ''sucked into it.'' No explanation for why or how it happens.]]
-->'''Crow:''' Would Crowboy do it?
-->'''April:''' He would but he would be very careful.
* [[HesJustHiding He's Just Hiding]]: WordOfGod is that this is the case with [[spoiler:Cortez]].
* HilariousInHindsight: [[http://kotaku.com/5820739/this-video-game-predicted-twitter-back-in-1999 The Longest Journey predicted Twitter]].
* NightmareFuel: The "little old lady" you meet in the woods on your way to [[EvilSorcerer Roper Klacks]]. Granted, in-between her hissing voice, uncanny gait and more LastSecondWordSwap's than you can shake a stick at it was somewhat of a [[ObviouslyEvil foregone conclusion]], but when [[ImAHumanitarian The Gribbler]] does show her [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvnzjYkecU&feature=player_detailpage#t=190s true colours]] it's still [[MoreTeethThanTheOsmondFamily utterly disturbing]].
** The majority of the character animations looked awkward and [[UncannyValley uncanny valley-ish]] even back when it was new. And they have not aged well... this spells doom for any attempts to pull off dramatic scenes. It's just as well it knows not to take itself too seriously, eh?
** The dark silhouette of young April during her second trial looks distractingly similar to the titular Mysterious Alien Creature from ''Film/MacAndMe''...
* NoSuchThingAsBadPublicity: There was an interesting story about the Russian adaptation of the game. Presumably, at first, this wasn't going to be a translation but a "creative adaptation". [[FlatWhat Instead of Newport, there would be an alternative Leningrad (aka St.-Petersburg) in an alternative Russia where Communism still carried on, in a year 1997, and instead of Arcadia, Russians would get the Faraway Kingdom, based on Russian fairy tales and mythology. The protagonist would be named Olga, and her mentor - Mahmud]]. The reaction of the fans [[KillItWithFire was exactly what you'd expect]]. It's not known whether this was a real intention of the studio or a ZeroApprovalGambit in order to get more publicity ([[SarcasmMode because releasing a game like The Longest Journey for sale in Russian language wouldn't get much publicity]]). Anyway, soon it was announced that the master recording was lost, so there would be a traditional adaptation instead.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: Different example - as one may notice from the picture of the cover box, the game is rated "M", most likely due to the innuendo that Burns and April throw around. However, 15 years later, it's ''significantly'' tamer than what you've come to expect from a game that's rated M.
* UncannyValley: April's face in TLJ especially in comparison with modern games. [[http://i.idnes.cz/bw/25/longestjourneym03.jpg Link]]
* VideoGameCaringPotential: April has been named the best developed video game protagonist for a reason.