* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The defeat of [[EvilSorceror Roper Klacks.]] [[spoiler:You hand him an ordinary calculator, he pushes a few buttons, and he's somehow ''sucked into it.'' No explanation for why or how it happens.]] He returns as [[HeelFaceTurn a reformed man]] in ''VideoGame/DreamfallTheLongestJourney'', and the strange anomaly is still never explained.
-->'''Crow:''' Would Crowboy do it?
-->'''April:''' He would but he would be very careful.
* [[HesJustHiding He's Just Hiding]]: WordOfGod is that this is the case with [[spoiler:Cortez]].
* HilariousInHindsight: [[http://kotaku.com/5820739/this-video-game-predicted-twitter-back-in-1999 The Longest Journey predicted Twitter]].
* NightmareFuel: The "little old lady" you meet in the woods on your way to [[EvilSorcerer Roper Klacks]]. Granted, in-between her hissing voice, uncanny gait and more LastSecondWordSwap's than you can shake a stick at it was somewhat of a [[ObviouslyEvil foregone conclusion]], but when [[ImAHumanitarian The Gribbler]] does show her [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvnzjYkecU&feature=player_detailpage#t=190s true colours]] it's still [[MoreTeethThanTheOsmondFamily utterly disturbing]].
* NoSuchThingAsBadPublicity: There was an interesting story about the Russian adaptation of the game. Presumably, at first, this wasn't going to be a translation but a "creative adaptation". [[FlatWhat Instead of Newport, there would be an alternative Leningrad (aka St.-Petersburg) in an alternative Russia where Communism still carried on, in a year 1997, and instead of Arcadia, Russians would get the Faraway Kingdom, based on Russian fairy tales and mythology. The protagonist would be named Olga, and her mentor - Mahmud]]. The reaction of the fans [[KillItWithFire was exactly what you'd expect]]. It's not known whether this was a real intention of the studio or a ZeroApprovalGambit in order to get more publicity ([[SarcasmMode because releasing a game like The Longest Journey for sale in Russian language wouldn't get much publicity]]). Anyway, soon it was announced that the master recording was lost, so there would be a traditional adaptation instead.
* UncannyValley: April's face in TLJ especially in comparison with modern games. [[http://i.idnes.cz/bw/25/longestjourneym03.jpg Link]]
* VideoGameCaringPotential: April has been named the best developed video game protagonist for a reason.