* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation - When a [[LaResistance Resistance fighter]] hears the code words he's been waiting for on the radio, he excitedly rushes out to perform his assigned task. His apparently perplexed mother stares after him, then digs the radio out from where he hid it and switches it back on. Confused parent wondering what has made her son go off the deep end, or [[BadassGrandpa a fellow member of the resistance]] waiting for her own coded message?
* EarWorm - the ending/credits theme.
* EnsembleDarkhorse - British Captain Colin Maud (Kenneth More), in charge of getting the troops moving on Juno Beach. He's the one who gives the stalled tank a good bash. Maud was on set as an advisor and loaned the shillelagh he had that day to More.
* ItWasHisSled - Anyone with a passing remembrance of world history knows the Allies secure their foothold in Western Europe on June 6 1944. And will go on to win the war.
* MisaimedFandom - According to producer Daryl F. Zanuk, the film was supposed to be an anti-war film (which can already seen by the fact, that he engaged Austrian-Swiss Bernhard Wicki, maker of ''Die Brücke'' as a director). Instead, the film seemed to encourage many American youths into enlisting to go to Vietnam.
* WTHCastingAgency - John Wayne, age 54, was '''twice''' the age of Benjamin Vandervoort during D-Day, age 27.