* EvilIsSexy: Queen La, most definitely.
* HarsherInHindsight: "The Trading Post". Tarzan must find the rhinos a new home when the trading post drives them into gorilla territory. The conflict is solved but with a BittersweetEnding:
--> '''Kala''': But with more and more people coming to the jungle, I can't help but wonder..
--> '''Jane''': Wonder what?
--> '''Kala''': How long can it last?
** Ten years later, [[http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15663982 the Western Black Rhino went extinct]].
* MagnificentBastard: Renard Dumont.
* MoralEventHorizon: When Tarzan and Professor Porter try to stop Professor Philander from caging (and he plans on killing too) the silver ape Mangani, he cuts a rope Tarzan was hanging on, sending him falling several stories to his apparent death. Rather than let Archimedes examine and try to save his son in law, Philander plans on stranding him at sea and tossing Tarzan's body overboard.
** Lt. Colonel Staquait crossed it by ordering Hugo and Hooft to burn a village full of mostly innocent women and children.
* NightmareFuel: Some of the villains can be really scary. La and her leopardmen, Tublat, Mabaya the rogue elephant and Hista the giant python all get their nightmare-evoking moments.
* UnintentionallySympathetic: Several characters.
** Dania from "Tarzan and the Rift". In that episode, Tantor gets the chance to ask Dania out on a date, but the evening gets ruined by Terk showing up, making noise with household items, and being oblivious to the other characters' feelings. At that point, Dania being alienated by Terk is justifiable. To make matters worse, this is all just a big misunderstanding. The whole conflict could've been avoided if Terk had just apologized to Dania for making such a bad first impression, or at least done something nice to make up for it. But instead, the episode acts like Terk's actions were automatically forgivable. The episode never acknowledges the misunderstanding and expects us to dislike Dania for believing that Tantor should stop hanging around with Terk, despite the fact that her belief is based on Terk making a bad first impression and doing nothing to make up for it.
*** On the other hand, she meant well the whole time, untill she thought she would lose a friend. Dania simply said he had to choose between his best animal friend and her, while she could have said "wherever we go ''don't let her'' anywhere close from me !".
** Philander at the end of "Tarzan and the Missing Link". This is mostly because of all the protagonists [[TookALevelInJerkass taking a level in jerkass]] by being unnecessarily harsh to Philander. Also, Philander only brought those two men to Africa because they were threatening his life. Porter should've at least been respectful while rejecting Philander's offer at the end, instead of literally roaring in his face.