* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Just before the climactic free-for-all at 7th Heaven, a music video starts playing out of nowhere, featuring a performer who looks a lot like Angela but has a much better singing voice. Eddie has no idea where the video came from, Rock refers to the singer as "Charlene," and then the scene ends just as abruptly as it began.
* EarWorm: ♪ "You are the Last Dragon/You possess the power... of the GLOW!" ♫
** "Sukiyaki Hot-Sake Sue/You sock it ta me,/I sock it ta you...."
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Sho'nuff, sure enough. He's ludicrously over-the-top as a villain, dresses like a campy football player/samurai, and always looks and sounds like he just smelled something terrible. Naturally, he's ''awesome''.
* FountainOfMemes: Pretty much everything about Sho'nuff has become memetic, but particularly "WHO ''IS''... THE MASTAH?!"
** "SHO'NUFF! THE SHOGUN OF HARLEM!!"
* GuiltyPleasure: Creator/RogerEbert said jokingly it was ''ten'' times as good as ''Film/ETTheExtraterrestrial'' because it features people with ''ten'' glowing fingers.
* NarmCharm: Some find Taimak's acting wooden. And that's perfect for playing the socially awkward Leroy, on top of giving it a nice chop-socky feel.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: You could not get more eighties if you tried.
* VindicatedByCable: Got a resurgence from airing on cable and subscription movie networks.