!! The original film:
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome [=/=] EarWorm: Boccherini's Minuet [[note]] from String Quintet in E Major, Op. 11, No. 5 [[/note]], which plays throughout the film.
!! The 2004 version:
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Carter Burwell and T-Bone Burnett are at it again!
* EthnicScrappy: Gawain, [[JustifiedTrope though it's arguably intentional on the film's part]]
* [[TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot Point]]: Nobody thought to play on the idea that Professor Dorr's rather old-fashioned SouthernGentleman was all an act and he's actually from someplace like New York or Jersey (just imagine if he'd gotten so freaked out when held at gunpoint by Lump that he reverts to his "real" accent)...
!! The play
* HilariousInHindsight: Marcus and Louis end up clashing and finally have [[spoiler: a lethal battle, which results in Louis being throttled]]. Not long after, the same actors would appear opposite each other as adversaries in [[Recap/DoctorWhoS34E3RobotOfSherwood Robot of Sherwood]]. Even better, this was due to Creator/PeterCapaldi being cast as The Doctor, who in [[Creator/TomBaker his fourth incarnation]] was famous his long scarves. Guess what Marcus sports in the play [[spoiler: and ultimately proves his undoing...]].