!!''The King And I'' contains examples of:
* EarWorm: "Shall we dance? One, two, three, and... On a bright cloud of music, shall we fly? One, two, three, and..."
* FairForItsDay: The Asian characters may seem slightly stereotypical today, but in 1951 (compared with the usual caricatures of Asians of the time), they were decidedly anti racist.
* HilariousInHindsight: The King studying the Bible and telling Anna, "I think your Moses shall have been a fool." Five years after ''The King and I'''s Broadway premiere, Creator/YulBrynner would play both the King in the movie and Ramesses (Moses' adversary) in ''Film/TheTenCommandments''.
* MemeticMutation: "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!" (The real King Mongkut used this in his English versions of official documents all the time.)
!!"WesternAnimation/TheKingAndI" 1999 musical contains these tropes:
* AnimationAgeGhetto: Mister Little and the royal family have thick stereotypical accents for asian people
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: When the King sings "A Puzzlement" and the ConspicuousCGI statues attack him.
* ClicheStorm: EvilChancellor? Check. GratuitousAnimalSidekick? Check, DisneyDeath? Check!
* EthnicScrappy: Master Little.
* FridgeLogic: The hilariously racist butchered English. All of the royal family seem to conveniently know the exact same amount of English, none know more or less, and none of them ever speak their native tongue, even when they are alone in a room they talk in fractured English. But [[WickedCultured the main villain is fluent]].