!!!''The Killing'' TV series:
* ArcFatigue: The fact that the show takes two full seasons to identify Rosie's killer really aggravated a lot of viewers, so much so that the ratings dropped sharply for season two and never recovered.
* AssPull: Oh so much. Especially once it's revealed who killed Rosie. The actor's performance throughout the show until that point was certainly ''not'' what you'd expect from someone who knew they were responsible.
* GrowingTheBeard: The third season, which focuses on a new case altogether, has been significantly better-received than its predecessors.
* MomentOfAwesome: "I'm not Stan." [[spoiler:Said by Alexi right before assassinating local mob boss Janek Kovarsky. Alexi spent his childhood plotting revenge against Stan for killing his father, but after befriending Stan's lovely daughter Rosie, he decides not to go through with it. Thus, when Alexi finally learns that Kovarsky forced Stan to kill his father, his vengeance is swiftly delivered.]]
** Rosie was [[AndIMustScream locked in a car trunk while the car was pushed into a lake]], and [[BodyHorror she ripped off a few fingernails]] trying to get out before she drowned. The shot of her body sitting in the trunk of the car does not help.
** The murders of the Pied Piper in season 3.
* ShockingSwerve: A lot of complaints about the first season finale came down to one of these where it was revealed [[spoiler: Holder delivered faked evidence that fingered Richmond as the killer. The second season made it clear that Holder wasn't aware it was fake.]]
* UnresolvedSexualTension: Linden/Holder.