* AcceptableTargets: Businessmen. Usually, at best, ignorant, if not immoral, scheming and/or insincere. At worst, something slightly less than human, being portrayed in several sketches as a kind of animal.
* BizarroEpisode: "Chalet 2000", which was one long Buddy Cole sketch (with its own credit sequence), and to top it off, Queen Elizabeth appears and ends up sleeping with a talking beaver.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The source of much of the show's humor, often to make a point.
* EarWorm: Any of Bruce's songs will wrench their way into your brain and refuse to leave for weeks.
** ''These are the Daves I know (I know)/These are the Daves I know.''
** ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5negCF024 Terriers are my very favorite breed/They're cute, cuddly, easy dogs to feed.]]''
*** Watch for the cheerful MoodWhiplash towards the middle.
** And who can forget the Tammy songs?
** The series' opening theme. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTFg2N97Q98 It's an instrumental called "Having an Average Weekend" by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet]].
** ''Running Faggot, running free...''
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Anticipated in the public television fundraising parody sketch.
--> '''Mark:''' Call in now! Unless this is a rerun. In which case I wonder if I'm dead.
* HoYay: And not just in the sketches. Dave Foley is probably more responsible for people questioning their sexuality than any other Kid...
-->'''Dave Foley:''' Kevin got a little obsessed with some of the women I’d play. He’d stare at me with these puppy dog eyes. Even some of the crew members would come in and go, “You gonna be that redhead tonight?” If I said no, they’d get all sad. [[http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2009/12/dave-foley-finds-the-funny-in-aids-abortion-and-glenn-beck.html]]
* MemeticMutation: "I CRUSH your head!"
* OneSceneWonder: Paul Bellini, though he does get a DayInTheLimelight sketch in the "Touch Paul Bellini" contest.
** He's credited as a writer on the show. He was probably the only one (other than the five cast members) willing to appear in public in nothing but a towel.
** He also had the last line of the show, while dancing on the Kids' grave.
--->'''Paul:''' Thank ''God'' that's finally over!
* RetroactiveRecognition: Kevin is probably best known to younger (and non-Canadian) audiences as the voice of Pleakley in the ''Disney/LiloAndStitch'' franchise or the Almighty Tallest Purple in ''WesternAnimation/InvaderZim''.
** Dave Foley is likewise probably best recognized for ''Series/NewsRadio'', and as the voice of [[VideoGame/FalloutNewVegas Yes Man]] and [[WesternAnimation/ABugsLife Flick]].